Planetside 2 is looking wayy too much like bf3

Was the player in molasses? It looked like everything was in slo-mo. And I find the vehicle explosions to not give enough umph to them. Something just seems off with the game.

Was the player in molasses? It looked like everything was in slo-mo. And I find the vehicle explosions to not give enough umph to them. Something just seems off with the game.

yeah, I can't quite put my finger on it. It's kind of like the game is in alpha state or something...:rolleyes:

The explosions in alpha are placeholders.

Currently its in a when its done release. Some think Summer of this year others winter of 2013. Judging by the recent video of Alpha I doubt the game will be released this year. The game has been in development at most two years now too. Only a year with heavy development I believe.

Originally SOE was just going to reskin the original to modern graphics and release. Early last year that was scrapped and it was turned into a full blown new game.

@ people who think this looks like BF3. Thats fine. Even with how modern BF3 it still doesn't even come close to the scale to what PS1 did. PS2 is going to make BF3 look like a last gen shooter.

Last edited:
Currently its in a when its done release. Some think Summer of this year others winter of 2013. Judging by the recent video of Alpha I doubt the game will be released this year. The game has been in development at most two years now too. Only a year with heavy development I believe.

Originally SOE was just going to reskin the original to modern graphics and release. Early last year that was scrapped and it was turned into a full blown new game.

@ people who think this looks like BF3. Thats fine. Even with how modern BF3 it still doesn't even come close to the scale to what PS1 did. PS2 is going to make BF3 look like a last gen shooter.

Think I would've liked to have seen that.

Just to clarify. I don't think we're talking about graphically similar to BF3. But everything else. Especially the way the gun animations seem to be handled. Based on the bit of the video I watched.

Developers have openly said they are basing the game of elements from the BF franchise. They aren't hiding it I will say that. However a lot can change from now to release.

I like how they talk about netcode issues aka dying behind walls and other absurd shit. Another BF3 parallel, lmao!

Back