Planar Conquest: MoM Spiritual Succesor

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
I had completely forgotten about backing the kickstarter for this game and had a pleasant surprise this morning when I noticed it was added to my Steam library.

Essentially the game aims to be a close replica to the old 4X, Master of Magic.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but so far it is getting some fairly positive reviews.

Save 20% on Planar Conquest on Steam

never played the original, so it was like a Civ clone in a fantasy setting?

Kinda, yeah. It's a cross between Civ and HoMM. It has RPG elements with Hero units that level up. It also has tactical battles. Magic plays a large part in gameplay and you have both tactical and global spells to choose from.

I played a couple of hours last night and it's a fairly faithful adaption of the original MoM formula. It's an indie game so doesn't have the polish of bigger budget games like Age of Wonders 3.

I'm not sure if newcomers would appreciate it as much as fans of the original game.

I'm a bigger HoMM fan, the first three, all the ones after are either meh or bad. Might put this on my wishlist and wait for a sale.

I had completely forgotten about backing the kickstarter for this game and had a pleasant surprise this morning when I noticed it was added to my Steam library.

Essentially the game aims to be a close replica to the old 4X, Master of Magic.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but so far it is getting some fairly positive reviews.

Save 20% on Planar Conquest on Steam
It was Worlds of Magic. They changed the name. It didn't do well. They worked on it some more, moved it to iOS and then back to PC. It is supposed to be better now but we'll see. If you bought Worlds of Magic you get a free copy of Planer Conquest.

Out of all the kickstarters I've backed Worlds of Magic was the only one I was disappointed in. If you play please let us know how it is!

Back