Plagas kept my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
He listed a 770GTX in the For Sale section. I got him to invoice me (thank goodness), I paid him and three days later he tells me that he can't ship the card because his new 780 crapped out. He tells me he will refund me, which bounces. So as of now I'm out everything.

Just a warning.

Thats very unfortunate.

Plagas is added to my DNT. Anyone who spends within a day before actually sending the item out is an automatic, do not want to involve self with.

Well I have waited over a week in which he keeps reassuring me that he is refunding me and it doesn't happen. I am a very patient and accommodating person but this has reached unacceptable for me.

Yes, just filed earlier today after I noticed PayPal's second attempt to process the refund bounced and the next one isn't until the 28th.

Wow, I was actually the one that sold him the 770 and the transaction was pretty smooth. Hope things work out.

That sucks, lol. Wish you'd sold it to me because it was a sweet deal, ha ha.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but spending the money immediately and not shipping anything is hogwash.

paypal? dispute?

Well honestly, Plagas DID try to issue a refund. It apparently isn't clearing his (bank/CC) Paypal account.

A dispute is a formality, but if a refund was attempted to be issued and that didn't clear, a dispute isn't going to get any money back either.

Some communication from Plagas would probably go a long ways to clearing things up, but yeah, at this point things aren't looking very good.

This is the reason you don't go spend the money after you get a payment. Common sense tells you to leave the money alone until the buyer/trader is happy and feedback is left. It seems more and more people here are taking it out right after someone pays them. Then it ends up like this, the buyer/trader can't get the funds because the money is gone.

Sorry it happened to you. I would imagine his paypal account will get locked after this. I would call and get the case escalated also. Also make sure you go ahead and leave the proper feedback now. This guy shouldn't be selling in here if he can't keep the money in his account.

What would have happened if the card arrived broken? The money would have still been gone and not resolved. Sad to see folks doing this in here. I hope you get your money back in the end. But being it is taking that long. That is proof enough he isn't trying or has the money to refund you. If you don't finish a deal the refund should be instant. But please let other people know what is going on tin the heatware evaluation.

Last edited:
I did finally leave negative feedback on Heatware today. I really wanted to avoid doing that but like I said, my patience ran out today.

Wow, I was actually the one that sold him the 770 and the transaction was pretty smooth. Hope things work out.

You selling an item to him doesn't say anything about him as a seller.

Looking through his heatware evals, he never sold anything that is considered "high" end.

Good luck OP, you should get your money back no problem.

How does it work with PayPal? Is the next money to drop into his account already earmarked for me?

Damn, that sucks... and it's sad because the dude has positive heat too...

This is why I shy away from shipping, and only do local transactions for now.

How does it work with PayPal? Is the next money to drop into his account already earmarked for me?

if you have a dispute open, any money that gets put into his PayPal will be frozen....as far as his bank account goes, PayPal has no control over that...they just process a ACH debit like anyone else would, and if the funds are not available, it gets kicked back as an NSF debit transaction .

Sadly it took a claim with PayPal and a negative Heat but he just refunded me. I will however wait a few days to make sure it is cleared. How in the heck do you see how someone paid you and whether or not it is an eCheck that could bounce?

O_O I did not even notice this thread..

Listen guys, I was all an accident. My 780 died so had to keep the card and give him his money back.

The reason the money bounced was because the payment I refunded him was accidentally transferred from my bank account instead of the paypal balance...I had no idea it was echeck. I didn't know this and it over drew my bank account so I had to cancel the transaction..

I communicated with him on the matter...

His money is completely REFUNDED. I am not a scam artist and I did not want to STEAL his money. It was an accident and I am sorry.

Last edited:

Listen guys, I was all an accident. My 780 died so had to keep the card and give him his money back.

The reason the money bounced was because the payment I refunded him was accidentally transferred from my bank account instead of the paypal balance...I had no idea it was echeck. I didn't know this and it over drew my bank account so I had to cancel the transaction..

His money is completely REFUNDED. I am not a scam artist and I did not want to STEAL his money. I was an accident and I am sorry.

Nice job. Maybe everyone will put the pitchforks away now. :D

So how long did it take for plagas to get a full refund?

His money is completely REFUNDED. I am not a scam artist and I did not want to STEAL his money. I was an accident and I am sorry.

I agree on the pitchfork thing. And tbh the heat eval should be ajusted to a neutral. Yea he was at fault the whole way but the money is back to you so in the end its more of a neutral situation..

Seems about right to me. Seller didn't quite understand PayPal's refund system, but things (hopefully) are sorted out now. I think the people in here went a little gung-ho over a little misunderstanding and only a week without refund. That is, assuming this matter is fixed.

So how long did it take for plagas to get a full refund?

I'm not defending hin in this situations because idk how you could mess up the "issue refund" button but mistakes can happen... some people are really good at makingnimpossible mistakes.. xD

I'm not defending hin in this situations because idk how you could mess up the "issue refund" button but mistakes can happen... some people are really good at makingnimpossible mistakes.. xD

I think after issue refund you have to make a selection if you don't have the funds in PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back