Places to buy X1950pro AGP

just bought meself a Visiontek x1950pro AGP 256MB :D. i hope my 250w PSU will handle it! :eek:

A 250w PSU???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
A memorable movie quote jumps to mind. Actually several.

"I hope pain is something you enjoy"

"You're gonna need a bigger PSU" Da-Dum....Da-dum....Da-Dum

"I love the smell of frying PCB in the morning"

"You maniac! You blew-it up! God damn you, God damn you all to Hell."

"Teacher says everytime a PSU blows-up an Angel gets his wings"

just bought meself a Visiontek x1950pro AGP 256MB :D. i hope my 250w PSU will handle it! :eek:

Well it depends on what you have in your sytem plus the amps on the +12V rail. I have a folding rig that I have a SAPPHIRE X1950PRO AGP 512MB in and it's running off a 300 watt PSU with 8 + 14.5 amps on the +12V rail. I know that for my system this is stable as a rock as its been overclocked and folding 24/7 for 3 MONTHS NONSTOP!:eek:
I just love my F@H points:p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161069
:D a very nice agp card, anyone on here have one or dealt with one?

Check my sig. I am on my second faulty Rev.1 card which needs to be Underclocked to work properly. I'm not the only one by the way. In response to the failure rate with these cards (my uneducated opinion) HIS has just released a new Revision 2 Card (Rev.2) with different clocks. The core speed is now lower on the Rev.2 cards and the memory is clocked higher. They are also using a higher quality 1.2 ns memory on the Rev.2 cards. So, if you're going to get one, I'd make sure it's a Rev.2 to save yourself some grief and aggravation. One more thing, the performance of both Rev.1 and Rev.2 appears to be the same.

HIS ICEQ3 Turbo - Rev.1
Core: 620 Mhz. Memory: 1480 Mhz. (effective)

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=278&view=yes

HIS ICEQ3 Turbo - Rev.2
Core: 590 Mhz. Memory: 1540 Mhz. (effective)

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=296&view=yes

Yeah, I might sell my X1950Pro after I get it back from rma too..

I should be happy my Sapphire is running flawlessly.

I even took the HSF off, if any shit happens I'm screw!

The people with Sapphire and have to RMA is having problems with what? Just the whole card doesn't work?

That chart lists, (total system) loads, not just the video card !

Still, onboard sound (little to no extra draw on the PSU), onboard LAN, basically the only power eaters are the CPU and GPU. Still, that's a friggin Pentium-M ringing up those numbers. I have an Antec SmartPower 420 *currently* (I have no idea if it's single-rail or multi-rail, or what the 12V amperage rated draw is) which my AIW 9700 Pro appears to be severely taxing (my CPU is a P4 2.6 Northwood-C clocked bone-stock); is it actually possible that the X1950 Pro, even in 512 MB trim, actually uses *less* power than my AIW does?

I should be happy my Sapphire is running flawlessly.

I even took the HSF off, if any shit happens I'm screw!

The people with Sapphire and have to RMA is having problems with what? Just the whole card doesn't work?

It was running fine for a good 1.5 months then this happened. Still waiting to get my card back. Just going to sell it and get something else.

It was running fine for a good 1.5 months then this happened. Still waiting to get my card back. Just going to sell it and get something else.

Thats looks like what mine did.was fine for 5 weeks, then one day BOOM...big trouble...

After another 30 minutes or so of me trying to figure out if it was a corrupt driver or whatever..no boot....Put my X850 XT-PE back in and everything was fine...

Im not using a questionable PSU either...I have a PCP&C 510 that has plenty of amps ....

I have read that they had quite a few problems with the first batch of cards....this might explain why they are saying 2-4 weeks for my replacement card to show up......these things are falling apart like a $5.00 suit :)

My card is going up for sale the day I get it back.......not sure what I'm going to replace it with yet..Might just limp along on my X850.. ...or maybe a 1950XTX or whatever is coming next....:)

Thats looks like what mine did.was fine for 5 weeks, then one day BOOM...big trouble...

After another 30 minutes or so of me trying to figure out if it was a corrupt driver or whatever..no boot....Put my X850 XT-PE back in and everything was fine...

Im not using a questionable PSU either...I have a PCP&C 510 that has plenty of amps ....

I have read that they had quite a few problems with the first batch of cards....this might explain why they are saying 2-4 weeks for my replacement card to show up......these things are falling apart like a $5.00 suit :)

My card is going up for sale the day I get it back.......not sure what I'm going to replace it with yet..Might just limp along on my X850.. ...or maybe a 1950XTX or whatever is coming next....:)

Think I'm getting a PCI-Express motherboard + EVGA card :D

my visiontek 1950pro 256mb worked with my shuttle sn95v3! :eek: :confused: :D :cool: .

the psu is silenX 250w. i used 2x4pin ->6pin PCIe adapter. i had to take out the DVD burner cause that was causing BSOD. my spex:
-shuttle sn95v3
-2GB pc3200 ram
-4400 (2.2ghz but i can OC to 2.3 stable)
-2x150GB raptors
-x1950pro

i just hope it doesn't go up in smoke one of these days =). the only thing i'm sorely disappointed on is HD DVD playback via XB360's HD DVD external usb player. it stutters so much, is agp THAT limited in bandwidth compared to PCIe or is it rialto? or is it just implementation? meh. looks like i HAVE TO HAVE PCIe to enjoy smooth HD DVD playback. i already have another machine with x1900xtx and that plays nicely.

meanwhile, gaming CSS @1600x1200 with ALL of the eye candy turned on just rox.

I sadly think its time to RMA my graphics card again, BSOD like crazy. But might be a driver issue (I went back to 6.11 after this, but still getting errors). Might reinstall windows to see if that is the issue, otherwise, this card is going back to RMA.

Back