Placed my order of ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
I just placed my order (thank you Kyle!), and yes I want a COOKIE! :D:p

Cookie.gif

Ah, Sabertooth boards: So sexxy. I'm a little bit jealous.

Lets hope you don't have to deal with Asus RMA.

why thanks kyle?
edit: nvm, saw his thread. Hella fking sexy

I'm going to pair it with the following:

- i7-6700K 4.0GHz
- Corsair HX850W Power Supply
- Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 2x4 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
- Corsair 760T Full Tower Case
- EVGA GTX 970 SC
- 2X SSDs, 1X optical BluRay DVD, and 3X3.5" SATA HDDs

This will replace my 1st gen i7 and X58 Sabertooth!

So excited!

Not bad! The 970 seems a bit out-of place there with all that gear, are you thinking of upgrading that down the line?

Not that a 970 is slow by any means, but the CPU and mainboard are in elite-class by comparison!

Not bad! The 970 seems a bit out-of place there with all that gear, are you thinking of upgrading that down the line?

Not that a 970 is slow by any means, but the CPU and mainboard are in elite-class by comparison!

I know, but it is a budget issue! Hopefully will upgrade that one down the road as well! :D

Thanks Kyle. I just ordered one. My upgrade from 2600K, ASUS Maximus Z68, 780Ti, Samsung 830 SSD:

Intel i7 6700K w/Noctua NH-D14
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1
G.SKill Trident Z Series 16GB (2X8) DDR4 3400
EVGA Geforce GTX 980Ti Classified
Intel 750 400GB PCIe SSD

Canceled my order from Amazon, and re-ordered from NewEgg instead! Should be getting it tomorrow!

Can you recommend a good 3200 DDR4?
I'm thinking about picking up two of Corsair VENGEANCE LPX (2X4GB, 8GB modules), for a total of 16GB.
What do you think about these memories?

Canceled my order from Amazon, and re-ordered from NewEgg instead! Should be getting it tomorrow!

I'm thinking about picking up two of Corsair VENGEANCE LPX (2X4GB, 8GB modules), for a total of 16GB.

Some Sky lake CPUs have trouble with 4 dimms. I highly recommend a 2 x 8 gb set instead

There is a whole lot of 3200 to choose from and quite frankly, I would guess that it is all just about the same.

Does anyone know what on-board sound this motherboard has? I mean I know it is Realtek, but is it the Crystal Sound 3 found on Z170 Deluxe?

I need to know if I should use the on-board, or install my age-old Sound Blaster X-Fi (PCIe) card, as I need to have both DTS and Dolby Digital Surround.

Thanks!

Does anyone know what on-board sound this motherboard has? I mean I know it is Realtek, but is it the Crystal Sound 3 found on Z170 Deluxe?

I need to know if I should use the on-board, or install my age-old Sound Blaster X-Fi (PCIe) card, as I need to have both DTS and Dolby Digital Surround.

Thanks!

According to the description it has....

Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3

Also,

boardpcieaudpcharea.jpg

vs

flawlessmb.png

Last edited:
I got these, for just $129!

EVGA 16GB DDR4-2800 (PC4-22400) CL16 Desktop Memory Kit (Four x 4GB Memory Modules)
16G-D4-2800-MR_XL_1.jpg

They are actually made by Gskill! Source:

As well as:
http://www.kitguru.net/components/memory/anton-shilov/evga-starts-to-sell-own-brand-memory-modules/

Not a bad deal for 2800 DDR4, and EVGA quality (or Hynix, or Gskill!) if you ask me!

Much better to run 2 x 8gb sets as they allow room for expansion and put less stress on your cpu. I had to RMA a 6700k that wouldn't run 4 dimms with zero overclock. If you can't get a good overclock with your system this may be why

Much better to run 2 x 8gb sets as they allow room for expansion and put less stress on your cpu. I had to RMA a 6700k that wouldn't run 4 dimms with zero overclock. If you can't get a good overclock with your system this may be why

I haven't tried overclocking yet, but thanks for the info. So far, I have not ran into any issues whatsoever with these RAMs! (according to CPU-Z and AIDA64, they are made by Samsung and are high quality)

Back