Pixel (gen 1) bluetooth issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

igl00jx

2[H]4U
I'm on the latest builde (8.1.0 March 2018 release). Since upgrading Nov 2017, I have not had bluetooth work. I'm able to toggle the bluetooth button "on," but the phone does not recognize that it is on. Drop down from the top, does not allow me to turn it on as well. I'm at a loss. Nothing comes up in searches. Am I SOL? Thanks

Sounds like it may be a hardware issue if it's been dead since November. Have you tried asking the support chat in the settings? Maybe Google will offer to replace/repair it for you if they can't get it working remotely.

They were of no help. Told me to reboot in safe mode and test. Nada.
Love this phone otherwise, but Google's support/lack of for the bluetooth woes is less than stellar.
I'll keep chugging away thx

They were of no help. Told me to reboot in safe mode and test. Nada.
Love this phone otherwise, but Google's support/lack of for the bluetooth woes is less than stellar.
I'll keep chugging away thx

If a factory reset doesn't fix it, then I'd say it's definitely a hardware issue and would need to be replaced. I guess it's not under warranty anymore?

I follow multiple tech/phone blogs daily and haven't seen any posts about BT issues on the first gen Pixels other than some monthly patches only sporadically affecting some owners before, but that was several months ago too and definitely didn't affect everyone. I know I've seen a few Pixel owners here complain about BT issues as well, but BT still worked for them, it was just inconsistent or wouldn't connect to specific devices (like their car).

It's looking like a hardware issue. Completely wiped the phone and still nothing. Grabbed it through VZ so I'll see if Google can warranty it. If not, I'll wait it out until Google unveils their new phone, if any. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back