Pixel 7 / Pixel 7 Pro / Pixel 7a

Seems like the Pro is the only real upgrade- the 6 to 7 plain is a pretty small update...

Seems like the Pro is the only real upgrade- the 6 to 7 plain is a pretty small update...

I agree, but isn't it the same between the 6 Pro and 7 Pro? What's the big difference between the two?

Screen shape change, new tele lens. Not a huge change either, but at least a physical upgrade...

Was hoping they would bring the size of the 7 down closer to the 5 that I'm still using. My wife and son have the 6 Pro and 6 respectively after I rejected both for size and fingerprint sensor issues using any screen protector (plus I still love using the rear sensor for notification shade gestures). Performance between them all is negligible real world and the 5 still kills them in battery life as well.

The new face unlock feature seems to only be software based and if so there's no reason it shouldn't come to previous Pixels. Shit like that really annoys me, as if that's going to be the feature to get me to buy new hardware. The new camera features should come to the Pixel 6 phones as well given the new Tensor SoC doesn't seem to have any significant upgrades either.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of upgrading my P6 to a P7, but only because with a trade-in it looks like a minimal expenditure. The P7 is nearly a half-ounce lighter (the weight of the P6 is probably my biggest complaint, glass bodies are a mistake), and the screen is supposed to be significantly brighter. If reviews indicate the fingerprint reader is improved (I've not had the issues with my P6 many have, but it could still be better) and there are no surprise show-stoppers, I'm probably in.

Ordered the 7 Pro from Google. Still using One Plus 8 Pro which is getting a bit dated--and never got very many system upgrades nor security updates as promised. Glad to go back to pure Android and hoping Google is good with the 5-year updates as they are suggesting

Someone made a good comment, regarding getting the smaller Pixel 7 for easier handling and one handed operation. Well not really per this person, look at the Pixel 6 next to the 6 Pro, they're actually much closer in size than you'd realize, put them side by side, and the two phones aren't that different in overall size.

My son as the Pixel 5, now that phone is small in a good way, and that can truly be used one handed. Then put the regular Pixel 6 next to the Pixel 5, the P 6 a giant in comparison, huge difference in size.

My point I just say get the 7 Pro with the smoother 120hz display, because in reality the 7 isn't that much smaller, and is still a two handed phone. If you want a much smaller phone, the Pixel 5 is really the only one.

Someone made a good comment, regarding getting the smaller Pixel 7 for easier handling and one handed operation. Well not really per this person, look at the Pixel 6 next to the 6 Pro, they're actually much closer in size than you'd realize, put them side by side, and the two phones aren't that different in overall size.

My son as the Pixel 5, now that phone is small in a good way, and that can truly be used one handed. Then put the regular Pixel 6 next to the Pixel 5, the P 6 a giant in comparison, huge difference in size.

My point I just say get the 7 Pro with the smoother 120hz display, because in reality the 7 isn't that much smaller, and is still a two handed phone. If you want a much smaller phone, the Pixel 5 is really the only one.

The 7 Pro isn't a smaller, but the the 7 is than the P6.

I have the Pixle 6 version of that case- good grip without being sticky, still fits on all chargers. Spigen seems to really nail slim cases.

I also have that case on my P6. I was very underwhelmed by it. It's not nearly as grippy or protective as the photos would suggest.

It looks like Speck is back for the P7, FWIW (though not the Presidio unfortunately).

Gonna skip this generation. My standard 6 is still working well plus I paid only 450$ for it. I agree for those with the 6 only the pro is an upgrade. Is the pro the same curved screen from the 6 pro. Never buying a curved screen phone again.

I caved, with the Best Buy deal giving me $575 for my 6 Pro and $200 Gift Card, I just pre-ordered the Pixel 7 Pro in Obsidian, my first black phone in YEARS, I have always gone Panda, with the white back since like the Nexus 6P and every Pixel, but I want to go back to a stealth black look, plus the white back has no black on it anymore, and the shiny mirror finish frame I don't like anymore, want a dark frame.

Can we use that $200 gift card to pay off some of the balance on the phone itself?

The 7 Pro isn't a smaller, but the the 7 is than the P6.

I checked it out on a phone size comparison site and the 7 is only slightly larger than the 6a. Honestly, I'm hoping that the 7a is closer in size to the 5 then. The 5 was a great phone for me even if it was overpriced initially.

Just ordered the Pixel 7. Will be trading in my Pixel 4a, which I bought for only $150 several years ago! Going with the Spigen case like I did with the 4a.

I got my Pixel 7 Pro from Best Buy, says pick up Thursday Oct. 13th. But since people are getting them now, can we go today instead?

I ordered the Obsidian color, my first black phone in years, have been getting all the white color Pixels since the Pixel 2 XL. But man looking at all the reviews with the Hazel color making me second guess my choice, but I hate gold or anything goldish color, so tacky and cheesy. I'd put a clear case on it, but man Hazel looks cool.

I suppose Best Buy would let me switch when I go in there tomorrow if I wanted? But I also want to go the stealth minimal look this time.

Last edited:
Dbrand matte black skin;

Attachments

• cygGFwZ6Ia0XPlIy.jpg
    cygGFwZ6Ia0XPlIy.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 0
My 7 isn't even shipped. The leather case might be delaying the shipment.

Back