Pixel 7 / Pixel 7 Pro / Pixel 7a

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
Does BestBuy take any Pixel phone for Trade-In? Or just ones bought from BestBuy? I have Pixel 4a 5G in mint condition. I want it for for better security and to run GrapheneOS, which I already run on Pixel 4a 5G, but GrapheneOS does not control "Secure Element" (Titan M2 chip and Tensor core)
I got $80 for a pixel 4a non 5G in Good condition at BestBuy

lightsout

[H]ard|Gawd
Google is giving out codes to get $100 store credits if you buy a Pixel. The code sharer and the purchaser each get a $100 credit.
I have one to share
6RUU5RWPBJM1ALLCZ7NGRI4

If this is not allowed please delete.

Aurelius

2[H]4U
I have a 6 but that thread has stagnated a bit...
Anyone get the December update yet?
-512MB!
I haven't done a lot with it but the fingerprint scanning seems a LOT faster, faster than anything else I've ever used, maybe half the time to get it unlocked?
https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-december-2022-security-patch-3244865/
Installed it last night, but haven't had a chance to test it. One of the definite perks of Pixel ownership is iPhone-like speedy access to new updates — obviously other brands won't get Pixel drops, but it would be nice if more brands committed to fast OS and feature updates.

Reactions: T4rd
like this

Aurelius

2[H]4U
Still early days, but not seeing a huge improvement on the Pixel 6 just yet. Going to give it a day or two to see if there's a practical difference.

TheSlySyl

2[H]4U
I have a 6 but that thread has stagnated a bit...
Anyone get the December update yet?
-512MB!
I haven't done a lot with it but the fingerprint scanning seems a LOT faster, faster than anything else I've ever used, maybe half the time to get it unlocked?
https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-december-2022-security-patch-3244865/
I just got it, but I didn't have the phone long enough before the update to notice anything in particular changing.

It also didn't seem to break anything. So that's good.

T4rd

Fully [H]
Installed it last night, but haven't had a chance to test it. One of the definite perks of Pixel ownership is iPhone-like speedy access to new updates — obviously other brands won't get Pixel drops, but it would be nice if more brands committed to fast OS and feature updates.
Indeed, but the the prob is that half the time Google fixes things, they break others in the process. So it's a double edge sword in that respect.

Update isn't pulling yet on my 5 or the 6/6 Pro we have. Usually I can pull it immediately on the first Monday of the month, but it seems they're slow rolling this update now.