Pixel 7 / Pixel 7 Pro enhanced trade-in credit and promo gift card @ BestBuy

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
As far as preorder deals go Best Buy is offering enhanced trade-in credit towards an unlocked Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro, plus a promo e-gift card for preordering. You get $100 for pre-ordering the Pixel 7, and $200 for pre-ordering the Pixel 7 Pro.

The Google Store is offering a similar deal, but trade-in credits for most devices are slightly higher at Best Buy. However, if you have a cracked screen the Google store seems to offer way more for your device than Best Buy will. YMMV there.

Taken from SlickDeals.

1665166102859.png

1665166036612.png

1665166046946.png

1665166056006.png

1665166250399.png

you know your phone is old when it's not even on the list of trade in phones. Plus mine isn't ever classified as "good working condition" as the back glass panel (someone shoot the MFer who decided that was a good decision!) is broken in a corner... plus the charging port stopped working about a year in.

Hmm $370 for my pixel 5, not bad.

I'm due for an upgrade .. but this phone has been just fine.

Next month is BF and Cyber Monday - I may wait and see what's going on then.

Man I'm highly considering. I went to a Pixel 6 from a OnePlus phone that had optical zoom and I've been dieing to have that back 😶.

Went directly through Verizon to grab my Pixel 7 Pro. $700 trade-in credit for Samsung S21 Ultra.

Tempting deal. Might trade in my Pixel 4a to get this. thanks for sharing.

Any deals for the Pixel Watch?

Have you seen the video going through smartphone CPUs? they show, in comparison to other chips, the Tensor 1 as being garbage.

It was a low-low-end chip, yet they charged mid-tier to high-tier prices. I'd say the pixel 6 should've had a much lower starting price.
Now with Pixel 7, with their Tensor 2 chip, same prices... I bet minimal performance gain. Need to wait and see.

As far as preorder deals go Best Buy is offering enhanced trade-in credit towards an unlocked Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro, plus a promo e-gift card for preordering. You get $100 for pre-ordering the Pixel 7, and $200 for pre-ordering the Pixel 7 Pro.

The Google Store is offering a similar deal, but trade-in credits for most devices are slightly higher at Best Buy. However, if you have a cracked screen the Google store seems to offer way more for your device than Best Buy will. YMMV there.

Taken from SlickDeals.

View attachment 516849

View attachment 516844
View attachment 516846
View attachment 516848
View attachment 516850
You are being upgraded from P6 to P7 for only $60??? because you will receive a free $100 gift card on top of trade in?

Damn best buy is messed up. Only $295 trade in for my excellent P6 Pro. F that

Attachments

• pro trade in.jpg
    pro trade in.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 0
Eh, looks like they won't take my Galaxy S9.

EDIT: Google store will for ~$250.

Last edited:
I was curious about this since the trade-in value for my S22 Ultra 512GB is excellent, and I'm frustrated that Samsung won't support AptX HD/Adaptive for Bluetooth.

But the leaked numbers for the Tensor G2 look pretty bad for a late-launching flagship CPU.

Hmm $370 for my pixel 5, not bad.

I'm due for an upgrade .. but this phone has been just fine.

Next month is BF and Cyber Monday - I may wait and see what's going on then.
Honestly Trade is your better bet IMO for google phones at launch soon they go away. BF you might see 50-100$ off

I was curious about this since the trade-in value for my S22 Ultra 512GB is excellent, and I'm frustrated that Samsung won't support AptX HD/Adaptive for Bluetooth.

But the leaked numbers for the Tensor G2 look pretty bad for a late-launching flagship CPU.
Google is always going to behind QUALCOMM and Apple in pure speed. IMO its like x86 we have reached the mark for day to day stuff most modern CPU in phones are fine. I rather them focus on efficacy and battery life. For most it will be good enough. I don't game at all and just use my phone for work, media consumption and basic phone stuff. The first Gen Tensor is more than enough.

Damn best buy is messed up. Only $295 trade in for my excellent P6 Pro. F that
If you went straight to BB's Trade-In Program, they will low-ball you there every time. Did you happen to try adding an unlocked 7 or 7 Pro ("Activate Later") to the cart and then checked your value?

If you went straight to BB's Trade-In Program, they will low-ball you there every time. Did you happen to try adding an unlocked 7 or 7 Pro ("Activate Later") to the cart and then checked your value?
Yeah, just did it myself. Got $545 for the P6 Pro.

Honestly haven't been all that impressed with it. Hope the P7 Pro is better...just doing this mainly for value I think.

If I do get a new phone, anyone know how soon you have to provide the trade in after you get the new phone? I would like to make sure all of my 2FA apps are setup before wiping the phone.

If I do get a new phone, anyone know how soon you have to provide the trade in after you get the new phone? I would like to make sure all of my 2FA apps are setup before wiping the phone.

It's not an unreasonably short period of time. I traded a 3a for a 6a. I had time to copy the files over, make sure my 2FA worked, and then wait an extra day just to make sure, and then shipped the phone out.

This was with a Google trade in, not a Best Buy trade in.

Google ships separately a trade-in kit for your old phone. When I did the trade-in from 3XL to P6, I used the 6 for a few days before sending my 3XL. If you don't like the new phone, you can return it and just toss the trade-in kit.

But it will take some time to get the credit FYI 😉
I havent seen anyone talk about this. I can basically upgrade for $60 if I feel like paying $600 something up front while I wait for my trade in credit and the Best Buy gift card.

I may have to cancel my google order. I did a trade in with an Iphone 12 pro max and google gave me $640 plus $200 google credit, and I had $125 google credit already. Best buy will give $790 plus the $200 gc. Not sure if its worth canceling for that or not. I wanted to trade in on Verizon but the 36 months bill credits doesn't appeal to me. Does best buy refund the trade in credit back to your card or do they accept it on trade in at the store?

sucks that bestbuy only has the black version of the pixel 7 (128GB version) available for trade-in PLUS the $100 gc. For some reason the white one doesn't offer a $100 gc for the $128GB version and the lemongrass isn't even available.

Yeah, just did it myself. Got $545 for the P6 Pro.

Honestly haven't been all that impressed with it. Hope the P7 Pro is better...just doing this mainly for value I think.

I'm hoping as well. The P6 Pro has been leaps and bounds better with Android 13 except for 5G connectivity. It's hilariously awful in comparison to the S22+ side by side, even after an RMA with Google. It's really sad because the phone is otherwise much better to use than the S22+ from a software perspective.

If the P7 Pro experiences similar connectivity issues, it's going straight back and I'll just take the BB store credit for the trade in value.

I'm hoping as well. The P6 Pro has been leaps and bounds better with Android 13 except for 5G connectivity. It's hilariously awful in comparison to the S22+ side by side, even after an RMA with Google. It's really sad because the phone is otherwise much better to use than the S22+ from a software perspective.

If the P7 Pro experiences similar connectivity issues, it's going straight back and I'll just take the BB store credit for the trade in value.
I don't even use 5G on my Pixel 6... 4G is plenty fast and it's not worth the massive battery life hit.

I do the same. I completely disable it. Also keeps temps down.
Apparently some carriers don't allow you to disable 5G... my buddy on AT&t can't turn it off. I would be pissed because my battery life now is around 40% at the end of the day and with 5G on I have to stop using my phone around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m or else I risk it dieing.

I don't even use 5G on my Pixel 6... 4G is plenty fast and it's not worth the massive battery life hit.
I turn it off as well. LTE is plenty fine and my battery life lasts me for easily over a day. Over two days if I am super conservative.

Fwiw with Android 13 my p6p (in FS now since I switched to S22U mainly coz of the Fi deal), has had very little signal loss/no heating issues. The phone is slightly smoother than the S22U though mine is only a day in and it takes Android phones a couple of days to settle in from experience, the overall signal strength on the S22U is slightly greater.

Google store/Fi gave me $530 for my excellent condition S21+5G, plus $200 store credit for future purchases, a purrrty sweeeet deal IMHO :)

Didn't really need an new phone, but when I saw that trade in amount, I was like, heeeellll ya !

And I know the preorder deal aint gonna last very long, so the new P7 Pro ends up costing me ~$370 + tax, even without the store credit !

Also, IIRC, you have 14 days after you receive your new phone to get the old one back to them, which I believe is reasonable, and they count it from the time the new phone was delivered to when your shipper (prob UPS or Fedemex) scans the return label...which of course, notifies them that it was dropped off for shipment....BuT MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE RECEIPT WITH THE TRACKING # ON IT, JUST IN CASE !

This is what happened with my wife's recent upgrade to an iPhone 14 pro max anyways, and we got the credit/refund about 5 days after shipping the old phone out :D

Last edited:
From what I researched today, the Sony S6 pro zoom camera is better than the Samsung S7 pro zoom camera. Anyone else care to input?
Just google SONY IMX586 vs Samsung GM1

Google store/Fi gave me $530 for my excellent condition S21+5G, plus $200 store credit for future purchases, a purrrty sweeeet deal IMHO :)

Didn't really need an new phone, but when I saw that trade in amount, I was like, heeeellll ya !
S21+ .. to P7 Pro. Is that an upgrade? I'm actually curious since admittedly I haven't closely compared the spec differences, but seems like more of a lateral move.

I have an S21 Ultra which is still a monster, and while the stock android experience of a P7 Pro seems appealing, I feel like I'd be taking a downgrade hit at least in camera quality if not elsewhere.

PSA for trade-ins -- make sure you buy insurance. Shipping right now is a mess. I got a 6a with a Pixel 3 trade in. The first 6a Google sent got lost in Memphis FedEx. Took two weeks for Google to admit it and resend (they kept telling me to talk to FedEx - yeah right). Then the 3 I sent back got stuck in USPS purgatory twice. I thought it was lost too! It finally showed up at Google 2 weeks after sending, and right at the tradein deadline. (I got my whole $300 so it all worked out but it was stressful.)

Best Buy offers me $15 for my lg v40. I know it's older and I wasn't expecting a lot, but really? Just say ineligible for trade in, that's an insult. 4 years old and still kicking so I guess I'll stay put.

How is Google with the trade-ins? My Galaxy S10+ is in very good shape and Google says $340 for trade-in, but how likely is that? BB only offering $85.

S21+ .. to P7 Pro. Is that an upgrade? I'm actually curious since admittedly I haven't closely compared the spec differences, but seems like more of a lateral move.

I have an S21 Ultra which is still a monster, and while the stock android experience of a P7 Pro seems appealing, I feel like I'd be taking a downgrade hit at least in camera quality if not elsewhere.
Well, I know its not a massive upgrade, and I never really been that concerned with the cameras anyways, but my sammy's battery and non-removable bloatware is rapidly testing my patience, with only lasting 6-8hrs before needing a recharge and near-constant popups about app updates for stuff I never use yet can't delete or disable... And yes I have optimized the crap out of it, turning off all unneeded background process, using dark mode and mid-quality screen resolution etc etc....

And since I use Fi as a carrier, I figured what the hell, might as well have everything under 1 roof so to speak, and I really wanted to see how much, if any, difference a stock droid would offer over the bloat machine's. Turns out I made a great choice, cause the P7P is really fast and smooth, and makes my old S21+ look like a 97 year old grannie crossin the street :)

Reactions: DPI
like this
Well, I know its not a massive upgrade, and I never really been that concerned with the cameras anyways, but my sammy's battery and non-removable bloatware is rapidly testing my patience, with only lasting 6-8hrs before needing a recharge and near-constant popups about app updates for stuff I never use yet can't delete or disable... And yes I have optimized the crap out of it, turning off all unneeded background process, using dark mode and mid-quality screen resolution etc etc....

And since I use Fi as a carrier, I figured what the hell, might as well have everything under 1 roof so to speak, and I really wanted to see how much, if any, difference a stock droid would offer over the bloat machine's. Turns out I made a great choice, cause the P7P is really fast and smooth, and makes my old S21+ look like a 97 year old grannie crossin the street :)
Biggest thing I've noticed with newer phones and getting the most out of battery life is disabling 5g... some carriers don't even allow you to turn it off. I'm at 75% battery right now (7hrs after I unplugged it) with 4g only, if 5g was enabled I'd probably be around 40-50%.

Back