Pixel 6 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6a

looks lazy to me. They are obviously going for a massive phone this time around (based on that huge obvious missing third camera on the standard model)

That lazy open-space plus behemoth camera bump is going to be worse than the radar was.

LOL! I love what is "readical" nowadays. I have seen mostly nothing that I would call radical in phones in a long time.

Flagship Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro leak with radical new design​

It has *3* colors! GASP.

I actually would prefer the rear mounted fingerprint reader. It's what i've been using for years and I honestly find it way easier to access.

Anyway, I severely doubt this is accurate.

This looks interesting. Wonder how much Samsung DNA is in it. Already reminds me of a S21 Ultra minus the weird sideways camera hump.

I actually would prefer the rear mounted fingerprint reader. It's what i've been using for years and I honestly find it way easier to access.
Me too. Just bought my wife a Pixel 4 XL after her Pixel 2XL finally have up the ghost after many years. She adjusted to the face unlock quickly as it works extremely well.

It has *3* colors! GASP.

Anyway, I severely doubt this is accurate.
Yea it is the perfect spot for me on the back. I can unlock it while pulling out of my pocket. I would have to fumble with it of it is on the front.

Adding to the interest are two quotes from Android Police.

1. "Like with any leak, it's important to keep in mind that the details may not always be perfectly accurate. Jon Prosser's history with leaks has had its ups and downs; however, Max Weinbach has further corroborated this leak based on his own sources, but notes the colors shown in the leak don't match up".

2. "Based on the images, this camera module looks pretty thick, but it may have been embellished a bit during the translation from photos to renders".

Source

I just want something that I can put a case on (or at least a lipped bumper) and not cover up the edges of the screen. Can't say I care for the aesthetics of the new design all that much, but I suspect mine will stay covered up 99.9% of the time anyway. 2 cameras and a smaller device = fine with me, so I hope they don't gimp the other specs on the smaller model. Just give me something that isn't bloated, takes good pictures quickly, and has long battery life. ...and is affiliated with Samsung as little as possible.

I'm really ready to upgrade my Pixel 2, especially as its been exhibiting odd behavior in the past few months. So I'm likely gonna be getting the Pixel 6 regardless of specs, but damn do I want it to be good enough to last me as long as this Pixel 2 has.

but I am more excited for the A model of phones. My mom just got a 4a for mothers day. Outside of the missing the 90hz refresh rate speed is great and camera is better than my 7 Pro

Perhaps this may take the pressure off of fearing that it has a curved screen.

Note that Pocket Lint wrote "The screen on the front appears to have super skinny bezels which, again, marks a significant departure from previous Pixel Models... It's also ever so slightly curved at the edges".

If that is correct, it may very well be a 2.5D screen. Don't confuse the 2.5D glass display with a curved display. Such a display cannot be bent or curved but will feature a slight curvature at the edges.
--> See Gizbot for a detailed explanation with illustrations.

Those of you who own the Pixel 4 XL, your phone has a slightly curved edge, and that slightly curved edge does not have any color distortion along the edges - nor does it reflect any light or display any imaging; unlike the One Plus 9 Pro or the Samsung phones with a curved display.

Perhaps this may take the pressure off of fearing that it has a curved screen.

Note that Pocket Lint wrote "The screen on the front appears to have super skinny bezels which, again, marks a significant departure from previous Pixel Models... It's also ever so slightly curved at the edges".

If that is correct, it may very well be a 2.5D screen. Don't confuse the 2.5D glass display with a curved display. Such a display cannot be bent or curved but will feature a slight curvature at the edges.
--> See Gizbot for a detailed explanation with illustrations.

Those of you who own the Pixel 4 XL, your phone has a slightly curved edge, and that slightly curved edge does not have any color distortion along the edges - nor does it reflect any light or display any imaging; unlike the One Plus 9 Pro or the Samsung phones with a curved display.
What about screen protectors?

What about screen protectors?
They exist, here is one of them.

About this item

• Specific Design: Only fit for Google Pixel 4 XL; NOT fit for any other phone. Please Note: Pixel 4XL has curved-edge, so the screen protector only covers display area.

1.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How effective are they?
I myself don't use screen protectors but that Omoton Google Pixel 4 XL curved edge screen protector has received favorable reviews and ratings. There are additional endorsements to be seen in the "Customer questions & answers" area.

Last edited:
I’ve used BodyGuardz screen protectors on every one of my phones and tablets for years. They’re kinda pricey, but work great and have lifetime free replacement so you only buy them once.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the whole thing cause of my schedule, but was the Pixel 6 shown at Google I/O at ALL? I haven't seen anything official anywhere.

If the rumoured size (158.6mm x 74.8mm x 8.9mm) for Pixel 6 is true then they made a huge mistake. Bye, bye compact size... 1cm too tall and 0,5cm too wide. With case it would be way beyond what I consider comfortable to use.

Am I the only one who is skeptical of the Samsung SOC collaboration? It's not like the Exynos chips have been anywhere near as good as Qualcomm in terms of either performance or battery life.

If the rumoured size (158.6mm x 74.8mm x 8.9mm) for Pixel 6 is true then they made a huge mistake. Bye, bye compact size... 1cm too tall and 0,5cm too wide. With case it would be way beyond what I consider comfortable to use.
That is nothing even that big. It is the same size of my pixel 3a XL and find it a little on the small size.

That is nothing even that big. It is the same size of my pixel 3a XL and find it a little on the small size.
It's big. Then there's the Pro which should be even larger. I'm not exactly tiny but maybe my hands are girly since I have trouble using my Huawei P30 comfortably. With case the width is about 7,4cm.

If this is to be believed, the 6 Pro definitely has a curved screen. :((n)

In their article about the upcoming Pixel 6 phones, Android Authority wrote: "Pixel fans rejoice: this could be your dream machine".
However, when you read the comments, the reception was not good at all because of the alleged curved screen.
Link

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is skeptical of the Samsung SOC collaboration? It's not like the Exynos chips have been anywhere near as good as Qualcomm in terms of either performance or battery life.
Are you sure it's not just Samsung making the chip for google and it's 100% google specs and design. Also the rumor is a Samsung camera cell nodule

I'm leaning towards one of these as my new phone just don't want the curves screen but that size has everything else I want.

Back