Pixel 6 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6a

Not available inside the phone yet. Can't wait to see what they screw^H^H^Hchanged up.

I installed it and I don't see anything new about it at all. Looking at a list of "what's new in Android 14" and it reads more like a monthly update patch than a totally new version of the OS. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. On the surface, I guess it means Android is pretty mature at this stage. On the other side of the coin, I guess it also means that they don't seem very eager to change anything about it. 13 was 95% the same as 12.

Reactions: uOpt
like this
My phone's internal updater downloaded and installed the November update with a slightly different version of Android 14 vs. just the security stuff. No clue what changed, but I've seen a few touches (like the screen unlock menu fonts) that are a hair different.

My phone seems to get better battery life after one of the last updates or two. My camera also changed... possibly for the worst. I do a lot of 2x zoom macro shots for product photography and something just feels off.

They F'ed the camera up. A lot of flash photos appear like I took them in the dark. Dumb update.

Back