Pixel 6 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6a

I'm still extremely skeptical on the $599 price for the Pixel 6, seems too good to be true. I mean last years Pixel 5 started at $699, and the Pixel 6 seems like it's a significantly better phone by a big margin, but will cost a hundred bucks less?

I guess we'll know tomorrow.

I'm still saying it will be more than the Pixel 5's $699, but would love to be wrong :)

Right? The Pixel 5 was $800 CAD and the Pixel 6 rumour is also $800 CAD which seems super unlikely considering Google's historical miserly tendencies but I'm jumping on that right away if true (and if there aren't any showstoppers). Even the Pro price is really good and tempting.

If the price is this cheap then I expect super high demand. I'm having Nvidia/3000 series flashbacks.

Assuming the performance is top tier. It could be midrange with these prices...

I keep telling myself it's stupid to be excited about a smartphone but this is the first Pixel presentation I've watched since the Pixel 2

The camera is a great case study, since previous Pixel phones have failed at exactly this kind of task. The Pixel 5 and 5a both regularly overheat after three minutes of 4K recording. I'm not allowed to talk too much about this right now, but I did record a 20 minute, 4K, 60 FPS video on a Pixel 6 with no overheating issues. (I got bored after 20 minutes.)
From Ars Technica. Excellent! This was one of my concerns. IF the quality is even on par with flagships that'll be great.

So what are those new capabilities? Here's one: the previous Pixel phones' incredible camera performance despite their ancient sensors is thanks to its HDR+ algorithm, which, with a single button press, does exposure stacking across 10 photos taken in half a second and merges them into a single photo using machine learning. Thanks to the ancient camera hardware, though, the video quality on Pixel phones has been pretty bad, because there's just no way that you can run something like image stacking on a video... until now! The Pixel 6 can run Google's HDR algorithm on 4K video for every single frame at 60FPS. Welcome to the world of video image stacking, brought to you by Google Tensor.
Oh wow, yes this sounds promising.

Pixel 6 is 207g and the Pro is 210g. Too bad, I had really hoped the rumor would be true but logically it couldn't be light.

Face Unblur is clever. I'm going to be using it a lot (toddler and new baby on the way).

Last edited:
Flashbacks from last year and the nVidia Video Card launch of the RTX 3000 Series, literally sold out in seconds, and back ordered for months, being almost impossible to find one to buy. Still today those cards are hard to find in stock. Luckily I got myself a RTX 3080, but it took a lot of web surfing and walking into to Microcenter regularly. Took me 2 months of non stop looking to get one, and even then, everyone said I got lucky.

Hopefully this isn't as bad.

I got all the way to checkout, then Error code: R013 and page is down.

Doesn't Google practically own and run the internet LOL. They're not a new startup company, come on Alphabet, get your purchasing site working for a big launch.

I've got a phone and a case in the shopping cart, but it won't let me complete the order.

Cannot even order this thing. Years and years later, Google is still the same.

My lord this presentation is a fucking drag. They might be waiting for it to be over to greenlight sales.

Cannot even order this thing. Years and years later, Google is still the same.
I got to the point where I was going through financing and then I'm told I can't be approved. I'm seriously going WTF right now.

Yawn. Frankly speaking, I no longer believe any of Google's presentations on the translation ever since the Pixel Buds (?) totally didn't work like it was demo'd.

Gimme the video improvements. Oh what, it's already over?

I'm trying different approaches and sometimes financing is there, sometimes not. I have 2 browsers + my phone, so I figure I'll keep trying for about another 45 minutes.

In the meantime my Pixel 5a I'm using just alerted me of an update to install Android 12 officially. Downloading now ...

I just clicked confirm purchase twice and then nothing happened either times. And now back to 500 error. I guess I'll try again later.

Refreshing the page;

It’s not you, it’s us. We’re working on fixing the problem. Check back soon.

Error code: R008

And now;

500. That’s an error.

There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.

We’re sorry, but Pixel 6 Pro Cloudy White 128GB (Unlocked) is out of stock and has been removed from your cart.

I still have mine in the cart but getting R008 error trying to check it out. I noticed the main page has both models as Pre-order instead of Buy now.

I'm still attempting to "confirm purchase." My cart seems intact, but that might not mean much.

This is beyond ridiculous. Tried for the past hour and error and page not loading, or out of stock.

I give up for now.

This is as far as I've gotten... :rage: :mad: :banghead:

gf.png

Back