Pixel 6 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6a

The titles of those videos never cease to make me laugh. "It's ALL here!" "Here it is!" "It's all out!"

Am I the only one who is skeptical of the Samsung SOC collaboration? It's not like the Exynos chips have been anywhere near as good as Qualcomm in terms of either performance or battery life.
I believe its a custom design by google and I bet Samsung is just the manufacture.

I believe its a custom design by google and I bet Samsung is just the manufacture.
We shall see man - lf Qualcomm is any guide this is likely to be a standard A-series CPU, with custom dsp

And Google also lacks any custom gpu (just tensors in the dsp)

We shall see man - lf Qualcomm is any guide this is likely to be a standard A-series CPU, with custom dsp

And Google also lacks any custom gpu (just tensors in the dsp)
Yea you could be right. I believe the current projected performance puts it's a bit behind Qualcomm SD888 but google does not need top tier socs to make there phones smooth. I really hope they start tightly integrating there software to there devices like apple does. Or start looking at optimizing battery life.

I don't even play games on my phone, so I don't really care about pure horsepower. I just want a pleasant form factor, a usage experience with no bloat, a camera that works, and as much battery life as possible.

I don't even play games on my phone, so I don't really care about pure horsepower. I just want a pleasant form factor, a usage experience with no bloat, a camera that works, and as much battery life as possible.
This all I ask for myself. I don't give two fucks about performance. As long as it is responsive and good battery life I am happy. I don't use my phone for anything but calls/text and YouTube.

This all I ask for myself. I don't give two fucks about performance. As long as it is responsive and good battery life I am happy. I don't use my phone for anything but calls/text and YouTube.
I am in the same boat as well!

I use mine for tons of things (browsing, maps, texts, email, social media, photos, music, streaming, etc.) but none of those things need much horsepower. My friend's iPhone 6 actually does most of those things admirably fast compared to my S20+. Outside of gaming and creative work that probably isn't ideal (considering it's a phone), you can only open messenger, chrome, camera, and maps so fast. It's really all about making sure you can use those apps all day without having to charge it.

It's amazing how the old PowerPC vs Intel argument is being resurrected for Android. You want to pay the same price for an android phone that uses a chip that performs slower than one from a 5 year old iPhone. But you're fine with it because it is android. Just like back in the day, when Apple was using IBM's powerpc processors on their Macintosh's, while intel x86 processors run circles about them. But people bought apple macs because it's apple, for the same if not for more than a PC with Intel or AMD processor costs. And we called those Macintosh users sheep back in the day!

Will the smaller P 6 have a flat non curved screen?

One thing I really like on my iPhone 12 Pro Max is the totally flat display and straight edge band.

Will the smaller P 6 have a flat non curved screen?

One thing I really like on my iPhone 12 Pro Max is the totally flat display and straight edge band.
I believe the 6 is gonna get a flat display but the 6 pro is getting a curved and makes sense as it's 6.7x which is massive

At this point, I might be waiting it out for a Pixel 6a and hoping its a smaller phone.

Depending on costs and reviews Its either going to be a 6a or normal 6 for me

I have a feeling it’s going to be expensive. And I have a feeling it is going to take several software updates before it performs like you expect.

I'm just going to watch these very carefully and see what early impressions are like. If they're overly expensive or don't perform/look as expected I might just go for a heavily discounted Pixel 5.

I'm just going to watch these very carefully and see what early impressions are like. If they're overly expensive or don't perform/look as expected I might just go for a heavily discounted Pixel 5.

I just picked one of these up for my wife. I like it. Definitely a smaller phone. It isn’t much larger than the 4A I had. I don’t like how by the time I pick one up there will only be less than two years of support left. To me that is the biggest draw of the new Pixel.

I just picked one of these up for my wife. I like it. Definitely a smaller phone. It isn’t much larger than the 4A I had. I don’t like how by the time I pick one up there will only be less than two years of support left. To me that is the biggest draw of the new Pixel.

My wife has one, too. I rarely keep a phone for much longer than 2 years, so that's annoying, but not a deal breaker. I figure I should get at least $300 for my S20+, so that'll offset a decent chunk of it, too. I'm still hopeful the Pixel 6 is the right device for me, but I'm over settling for phones that I don't really want.

Been seeing Google's own ads showcasing images that look just like the renders, so that look is definitely the real deal. I'm not saying they're ugly, but I bet these end up with the highest % of case users of any device out there. I always rock a case anyway, so I luckily don't care all that much.

I don't know why everyone wants an in-screen fingerprint reader. I suppose the only time that I would use it would be to unlock my phone while it is on a table instead of picking it up and unlocking it or just using the PIN. The rear fingerprint reader has been rock solid for me for years on my Pixel phones.

I don't know why everyone wants an in-screen fingerprint reader. I suppose the only time that I would use it would be to unlock my phone while it is on a table instead of picking it up and unlocking it or just using the PIN. The rear fingerprint reader has been rock solid for me for years on my Pixel phones.
Ikr? I rather have the sensor on the back. My phone stays in my pocket most the time and it is a easy single motion to unlock my phone while taking it out. I can't do that with it on the front.

Ikr? I rather have the sensor on the back. My phone stays in my pocket most the time and it is a easy single motion to unlock my phone while taking it out. I can't do that with it on the front.

I find that the ones on the back also simply work better. I find that the desire for screen-based fingerprint readers is more about the idea rather than the reality of the technology.

I find that the ones on the back also simply work better. I find that the desire for screen-based fingerprint readers is more about the idea rather than the reality of the technology.
Yea it is more of a look at me feature. It is why I can't stand phone reviews on YouTube. They just not picking at this point.

Sounds very promising but a few turn offs like the curved edge screen, is a big no-no, I'd much rather they go completely flat display like the iPhone 12 line.

And the very strange design of the back of this phone, just not feeling it, looks so fragile and breakable. I know I’ll put a case on it, but even then it seems like it would be a big bulky phone and even weird to put a case around that with that camera bar in the middle protruding out, just seems like an awkward design not comfortable.

Why can't they keep it simple? Pixel 4 XL was beautiful, minimalist design, just get rid of the forehead. And then the Pixel 5 being very symmetrical with the display covering the entire phone, and little to no bezel, and the back of the phone was clean and simple. I wish they just keep the 4 XL and 5 design rolling forward, a mix of the Pixel 4 XL + Pixel 5 would be just fine.

Last edited:
Sounds very promising but a few turn off curved edge screen of a big no-no much rather than go completely flat like the iPhone 12 line.

and the very strange design of the back of this phone just not feeling it at like so fragile and breakable I know I’ll put a case on it but even then it seems like it would be a big bulky phone and even weird to put a case around that with that camera part in the middle protruding out just seems like an awkward design not comfortable.

The 6 non-pro is still a pretty large phone. I bet it rivals the 12 Pro Max in size (haven't seen any side by side renders).

I just have a feeling that its going to be priced outrageously (guessing $899/999 and then $1099/1199 for the Pro depending on storage options). Here's hoping that the 6a is slightly smaller (pixel 5 size), cheaper ($499) and still has some of that 5 year update magic with a whitechapel chip.

Didn't Marques say the pricing will be flagship territory, well over $1,000+ for the Pro, he wouldn't confirm that, but made it sound like it certainly won't be cheap.

So when do we actually get to benchmark it, and it turn out that the CPU has identical performance to a Qualcomm 888, just one year later?

Who will be handling the GPU for The Goggles Tenzorzzzz, Nvidia?

So when do we actually get to benchmark it, and it turn out that the CPU has identical performance to a Qualcomm 888, just one year later?

I'm guessing that it won't even reach 888 benchmarks personally. The "magic" is going to be the software.

Besides, that is typical Google. New Qualcomm chipsets release in the early spring and they find their way into Google phones in October/November just before the refresh.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is going to be the very best Android phone you can buy as long as the screen is decent, BUT it's going to be prohibitively expensive. I'm going to look at it and say, "Boy I really want that, but I don't want to spend that kind of money." I've been impressed by the "A" phones. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the 3a and 4a over the past 2 years. The more I look at this, I hope the 6a comes in with 80% of the features for 50% of the cost.

I hate when they say coming in Fall.
Meteorologically, Fall begins Sept. 1st!
Of course they base this on astronomical fall which is 3 weeks later. :)

Back