Pixel 5 warranty claim

RashMullah

n00b
Hi guys,

I got a Pixel 5 from someone a few months back. Part of the display has stopped working. I am fairly certain it must still be under warranty however I have no purchase details. Is there any way to get this information from Google and find out about the RMA process?

Hi guys,

I got a Pixel 5 from someone a few months back. Part of the display has stopped working. I am fairly certain it must still be under warranty however I have no purchase details. Is there any way to get this information from Google and find out about the RMA process?
If you were not the original purchaser and do not have access to the original purchase receipt, you are probably out of luck. That’s the only real downside to buying used.

If you were not the original purchaser and do not have access to the original purchase receipt, you are probably out of luck. That’s the only real downside to buying used.
Nah, Google warrantied my Nexus 6P I bought used with no questions asked back when it was less than a year old. It may be a crap shoot or take a few attempts, but I would think they'd do the same in this situation. If I recall though, that phone was purchased from the Google store directly by the original owner, so that may have factored in somehow.

Contact Google support first, OP. I think there's a good chance they'll warranty it regardless given the phone has been out for less than a year.

Nah, Google warrantied my Nexus 6P I bought used with no questions asked back when it was less than a year old. It may be a crap shoot or take a few attempts, but I would think they'd do the same in this situation. If I recall though, that phone was purchased from the Google store directly by the original owner, so that may have factored in somehow.

Contact Google support first, OP. I think there's a good chance they'll warranty it regardless given the phone has been out for less than a year.
While that was certainly nice it’s also not what their warranty information states.

It would never hurt to try tho!

While that was certainly nice it’s also not what their warranty information states.

It would never hurt to try tho!
Same for most other 2nd hand products I've warrantied though; usually not an issue for a product that has been available for less than the warranty period, despite what their terms may say.

Thanks guys. I live in Sri Lanka and we're basically going through a third wave of covid so I unloaded it here to someone for around usd250 with the messed up display. Gonna wait it out for the 5A or the 6.

My Pixel 5 has been pretty good these last 8 months or so of having it, up until recently.

A few months ago, my phone would randomly shut off in the middle of random apps. The Pixel would completely restart itself at random. I thought it was maybe something to do with using too many apps at once, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Now after I'd say 4 to 6 weeks later, my Pixel 5 restarts at random at least once every day to day and a half. Besides this, during random Zoom calls, I have had a few times already that I got booted from the app due to the phone over heating. I have never witnessed this before up until using this phone.
I don't game on this phone, only write emails through the gmail app, occasional [H]ard posting, Amazon shopping, light web browsing and some youtube. Nothing out of the normal.

Any ideas?

I didn't buy this phone from Google, but through the Verizon store.

My Pixel 5 has been pretty good these last 8 months or so of having it, up until recently.

A few months ago, my phone would randomly shut off in the middle of random apps. The Pixel would completely restart itself at random. I thought it was maybe something to do with using too many apps at once, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Now after I'd say 4 to 6 weeks later, my Pixel 5 restarts at random at least once every day to day and a half. Besides this, during random Zoom calls, I have had a few times already that I got booted from the app due to the phone over heating. I have never witnessed this before up until using this phone.
I don't game on this phone, only write emails through the gmail app, occasional [H]ard posting, Amazon shopping, light web browsing and some youtube. Nothing out of the normal.

Any ideas?

I didn't buy this phone from Google, but through the Verizon store.

Assuming you've factory reset it at least to rule out any software issue? Sounds like hardware though and I would advise contacting Google support still about it. As mentioned above, I wouldn't expect them to question you for a receipt or anything either with the phone still being less than a year old based on my previous experience with them.

Assuming you've factory reset it at least to rule out any software issue? Sounds like hardware though and I would advise contacting Google support still about it. As mentioned above, I wouldn't expect them to question you for a receipt or anything either with the phone still being less than a year old based on my previous experience with them.
Thanks, I'll look into reaching out to Google.

And yes, I've factory reset already. Doesn't seem to change anything.

Back