Pixel 4 Battery is way too small??

SteveJobs

n00b
Hey I have been hanging for the new Pixel 4.
BUT
I cannot buy a phone at the end of 2019, with a battery size of 2700 mha?
What is going on?
Is this a ploy by Google to make you buy the bigger more expensive phone with a bigger battery?
My 2 year old Samsung has a bigger battery, and it only lasts half a day.
Other phones are coming with 4X00 batteries at the moment.
Am i being paranoid?
What gives?

First off: welcome to the forums.
Second: Good job with the ironic user name given this thread.
Third: There is already a thread on the Pixel 4. This question should be posted there. I realize you're new to the forum, but this new thread doesn't need to exist.
That said:

Hey I have been hanging for the new Pixel 4.
BUT
I cannot buy a phone at the end of 2019, with a battery size of 2700 mha?
Then don't.

What is going on?
A phone with a battery smaller than your requirements is coming out.

Is this a ploy by Google to make you buy the bigger more expensive phone with a bigger battery?
I doubt it. Most companies can't spend millions on R&D to create a product that they have to build en mass costing further millions of dollars in dies and tooling (or other machinery) in order to troll anyone. That is what we would call: "a waste of money".

My 2 year old Samsung has a bigger battery, and it only lasts half a day.
Cool.

Other phones are coming with 4X00 batteries at the moment.
Yes. This is referred to as product differentiation and the fact that other products on the market exist. In case you aren't aware: products are not homogenous. Meaning: they aren't all the same. Buy the one that meets your requirements.

Am i being paranoid?
I'm no doctor. Please consult a medical professional for psychiatric care.

What gives?
Nothing gives. I assume the Google hardware development team deemed this battery and battery size to be sufficient. But I would also say that it's pointless to comment on battery life without actually having the product in hand to test.

Last edited:
Back