Pip-Boy Mod Brings Tablets to the Wasteland

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Did you know that there was a tablet version of the Pip-Boy from the cancelled Fallout game “Project V13”? I don’t know much about that, but the Pip-Pad returns to Fallout 4 as a mod. This guy’s work reminds me more of a camera than a tablet, but those of you who are bored of the Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV may want to check this out.

As we're living in an age of smartwatches, it's not uncommon to see people with sleek, high-tech gadgets strapped to their wrists. The Fallout series has its own smartwatch, of course: the football-sized hunk of retro-futuristic tech called the Pip-Boy. Modder AlexScorpion decided to unshackle your wrist from what must be about twenty pounds of RobCo-manufactured metal, plastic, and circuitry by creating the Pip-Pad, a sort of tablet version of the Pip-Boy. You can check out some of the animations in the work-in-progress video above. All I can say is: yes, please. I don't even know why I want the Pip-Pad so badly: it looks like it functions just as the Pip-Boy does, and it's not like my real wrist is actually being weighed down by an enormous electronic personal organizer (I wear a modestly-sized Timex that just tells the time). The Pip-Pad is just cool. So very, very cool, and I want one.

I saw this in the MCM Electronics flyer I got today. Made me chuckle, cause it reminded me of a PIP .........or a ridiculous smart watch.

XwV4T1l.jpg

"This" is unrelated to the OP, and is not what he is talking about.

Back