Pioneer VSX-918V-K Trouble

primelink

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have any experiance with Pioneer VSX-918V-K reciever. I cannot for the life of me get the surround sound to work. I am able to use the auto setup and that runs through a bunch of tests all the speakers are working and recognized properly though when not in the setup function I cannot get the other 3 speakers to work. (center and back left,right) after messing with it for months. Any help/ advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I don't have any experience with that receiver, but there are some fairly standard things to start looking at. If you've done these already, I apologize in advance.

What is your source? Are you playing a DVD? From a DVD player or a PC?

How is your source attached to your receiver? HDMI? S/PDIF?

Are you sure that your source is 5.1? If you aren't using a 5.1 source, (CD's and MP3's are stereo encoded, normally), then you'd need to use a signal processing mode on the Receiver (my JVC has one called 5-ch Stereo) that expands the 2 channel stereo to 5.1.

The source is PS3 I have tried using Blu ray movies and PS3 games. I have checked the settings on PS3 and they are correct.

Its connected using Digital optical output from PS3.

Thanks for you assistance

A couple of things to check:

1) Make sure the PS/3 and the receiver are both set to PCM or Bitstream.

2) are the inputs on that receiver configurable? If so, try setting whichever input you are using to be a DVD input (makes a difference on some receivers)

Back