Pioneer VSX-532 Receiver Question

PiERiT

2[H]4U
I bought this last week and set it up and it works great, except that it's behind my seating area (using it near a projector) and thus I can't see the screen on it when changing settings or adjusting the volume.

My previous receiver was an Onkyo and would show everything on the screen of whatever it was outputting to, so an on-screen volume bar or settings menu for instance. I (maybe incorrectly) assumed every receiver did that, but I can't figure out how to have the Pioneer do that. There's nothing in any manual that I can find.

Hoping someone else has this receiver or a different Pioneer model and can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Well, despite buying 2 of these for friends and family, I do not have the answer for you. But this a budget reciever and it has to give up stuff to hit the rock bottom price point. In order to overlay the volume on the screen it has to have it's own 4K capable display driver. Since it advertises "pass through" on the HDMI, I would assume it's just doing straight electrical switching like a HDMI switch.

That makes sense. I bought it specifically to work with a new 4K projector and it probably just passes the signal through unchanged, whereas my old Onkyo I only ever used at 1080p.

Oh well. Thanks!

Back