Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Speakers $50 FS AC

The sensitivity on these is pretty low. Kind of surprised by that

This is partly why i got a pair of the 41's, not that they are much better wrt efficiency. Still great speakers for what i paid and i would def buy them again. At this price if you are in the market for cheap speakers, i don't think you can beat this deal.

just wanted to give a little feedback on these speakers. i am certain these little bastards are the nicest piece of audio equipment i have ever purchased for $50, and i have bought a lot of shit. they threw up a stage with minimal fussing around. with a little lepai amplifier, they sound suprisingly good. i have them paired with a 10 inch powered sub, this is a VERY nice pc audio setup for the price, logitch, klipsch, etc, pc audio solutions cannot come close for the $.

Thanks OP. Picked up two pair of those and the matching center channel as it's also on sale ($80 with $30 IR). Time to replace my ancient cheap-ass RCA's that have been kicking around for way too long.

Anyone know how these compare to the Dayton B652 6 1/2 2" Way speakers?

The B652 would sound like a tin can next to these. I own a pair of the BS41s as well as a pair of NHT SuperOnes and Polk RTI A3s. I like the Pioneers best.

Here's some priceless advice for anybody seeking speakers: Instead of spending $50 to $100 on new speakers of questionable quality and ability, spend an hour touring your local thrift/Goodwill stores for speakers from the 80s that cost several hundred when new but can be taken home by you for a Benny.

I picked up these and just missed the SP-FS51-LR's for $99. I wish the SP-FS51-LR's would come back in stock already! They have no idea when they will be back in stock either. Now I need to figure out a good sub to pair w/ these.

Here's some priceless advice for anybody seeking speakers: Instead of spending $50 to $100 on new speakers of questionable quality and ability, spend an hour touring your local thrift/Goodwill stores for speakers from the 80s that cost several hundred when new but can be taken home by you for a Benny.

These are quite well reviewed and measure good. Unless you are getting top of the line speakers from the 80's there's a good chance they will not be as good as these, as speaker materials have come quite a long way since then.

Whats a good cheap center channel that will work well with these speakers?

I have a pair of these and the 41s along with the matching center that I collected from awesome sales on woot, they sound fantastic for movie watching.

i've heard nothing but good in regard to pioneers new speaker series

summarized: excellent price for performance

edit: well, one con is the looks. i don't like the way they look. oh well, doesn't really affect acoustic performance

Back