Pioneer DVD RW 106

Jelyrol

n00b
I have tried the burner on a different pc and get the same result. And it happens with real dvd's, movies. I dont have a cd cleaner and might try that.
Any other suggestions would cool

Thanks again

Jelyrol

Opening a DVD disk through My Computer or something is a really simple task that is almost all hardware dependant. If your drive is not recognizing these disks then you could have a bad drive. There is not really a setting I can think of that would let you read normal cd's and not DVD's.

I have this burner and having some issues as well. I can use Ulead to author a dvd with custom menus fine. I can use DVDxCopy fine, except disney dvds. But i cannot use nero, it locks up. Basically i cant burn a data dvd.

Also, " my computer " sees it as a cd rom, even though it can play dvds.

The laser power is out of adjustment, RETURN it.
If returning the drive is out of the question have to crack it open and adjust the POTs (its a pain, find someone that knows what they are doing)

Usually 2 POTs on regular cd/dvd drives, don't know how many on writers, one controls dvd the other cd.

broly1718

The reason you are having problems (most likely) with Disney movies is that they are in a multiangle format. The best way to archive Disney movies is by stripping all but angle 1. Not all Disney movies have this but alot do.

RDog

Back