Pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelf - $74 and Mid - $59 - Newegg

These are awesome. I'm using 4 of them as computer speakers driven by an Onkyo amp. Center channel is a Klipsch.

These don't need a sub do they? I'd probably have these up in my office.

Do you have these mounted? What are you using

Never had bookshelf speakers- but this price range has me interested in trying it out.

Don't have them mounted, just strategically placed as best I could. They sound damn good. Don't know if I'd gain anything by mounting and precision locating them.

I'm going to go against the grain here. I've owned these in 1st and 2nd gen, both the floor standers and the bookshelves. Had them and listened to them for years, so I have had a lot of time listening to them. For home theater I thought they were pretty good. I didn't like them at all for music. I also think if you get these you'll absolutely want a sub. I'm not sure how anyone would be satisfied with the bass on these. $75 is cheap no doubt but my recommendation would be to up your budget if it's music listening you value. I have heard great things about the dayton bookshelves for the price. Never heard them though. If you want a 5.1 setup using these with a sub for HT, go for it! It'll beat the snot out of a sound bar (minus the bass).

I use these along with the matching towers and a Dayton Audio sub for my 5.1 setup. I'm very pleased with them in my little home theater.

These don't need a sub do they? I'd probably have these up in my office.
They do pretty good justice to bass guitars. Especially if you boost them around 70hz. But make no mistake, they need a sub.

Also, expect to spend a bit of time tweaking the highs. The tweaters are a bit peaky.

Overall, these are solid for movie watching. But I don't like them with music.

Use these for the last 2 years with a chrpa infinity sub i got for $10 at a thrift store along with the smsl sa300. Been very happy with them on the pc when i just don't wanna use headphones.

I've got some custom versions of these on the way, by Dennis Murphy. Tweeter is switched out for a RAAL, with a custom cross-over. Will be using them as surrounds, but I have a sneaking suspicion they'd sound pretty good paired with a sub as mains.

Back