Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.1 Home Theater System $289.95

Very nice deal. Tempted to just get the floor speakers or the 5.0 set as I have a sub already.

Fantastic deal for some fantastic speaks. I only have them setup in 3.1, but I think paid even more than that 2 years ago.

its very cool that you can get this even cheaper ($229) by ordering it as a 5.0 system, as I already have a sub. Killer deal Thanks OP.

Pulled the trigger on the 5.1 standing speakers!
Was looking at these for a while to drop, but not this much!

Will consider the 5.0 set as a gift as they already have a sub.
BTW if you buy the speakers individually it comes to the same price. So if you want the 5.1 bookshelf package in 5.0 it is possible!

THANKS OP!

Don't think you can order more than one set. I tried ordering two additional floor-standing speakers and it wouldn't let me due to quantity restrictions. Lucily I have two separate Amazon accounts. :cool:

Wow, that was fast! I literally place my order minutes ago. Now it says: Currently Unavailable. Glad I was able to snag a set before they sold out. Thanks again, OP.

At only 100 watts, the sub is the only weak part of this deal. I got the 5.0 version of this package because of this (and I already have a rocking sub). Shows in stock again. Hurry!

Keep trying the deal keeps coming back.

Order the speakers individually if the package is not available.

BTW I used a secondary Amazon account to order 2 sets. One for me one as a gift!

Last edited:
Based on the past couple of times these were on sale it will come in and out of stock throughout the period its on sale.

I have a 7.1 setup using these speakers and a Hsu VF2-MK4 sub and I have zero complaints. Fantastic for both movies and music. When I did research prior to buying these 1-1/2 years ago everything I read lead me to believe you would have to spend 4-5x the price to get noticeably better sound. Incredible bang for the buck.

Not a bad deal at all. I'm tempted to grab a set, even though I don't really need them. Christmas gift, perhaps?

Based on the past couple of times these were on sale it will come in and out of stock throughout the period its on sale.

I have a 7.1 setup using these speakers and a Hsu VF2-MK4 sub and I have zero complaints. Fantastic for both movies and music. When I did research prior to buying these 1-1/2 years ago everything I read lead me to believe you would have to spend 4-5x the price to get noticeably better sound. Incredible bang for the buck.
Nice sub. http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk4.html

I would really consider something like that but I live in an apartment and the idea of getting standing floor speakers and a puny 100w sub is already sounding crazy. But for $60 it's not a bad deal on a sub I suppose.

I was going to buy two of the Polk Audio Monitor60 Series II, the Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center, and a pair of the Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II that are on sale at the Egg. Had em in my cart last night. Glad I decided to wait.

This Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker package seem very comparable to the Polk's (which gets great reviews by customers) but at a much better price with this sale. Just wondering how they compare, sound-wise, to the Polk Monitor Serries II?

And who is Andrew Jones? :confused:

Last edited:
It says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." Might be better than reloading the page constantly

I've said it before, but the speakers one by one at the exact same price!

The bookshelf and sub are still $59.99. The center channel has gone up in price and so have the floor speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-FS52-LR-Designed-standing-Loudspeaker/dp/B008NCD2S4/

Late comers can still get the 5.1 package for only $10 more if they go for the 4 bookshelf speakers instead of the standing speakers.

Keep an eye on the page and keep refreshing. The price changes by the minute at times.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If anyone has experience with how these compare, sound-wise, to the Polk Monitor Series II (that I linked to on the first page of this thread) I'd be very interested to know.

I've said it before, but the speakers one by one at the exact same price!

The bookshelf and sub are still $59.99. The center channel has gone up in price and so have the floor speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-FS52-LR-Designed-standing-Loudspeaker/dp/B008NCD2S4/

Late comers can still get the 5.1 package for only $10 more if they go for the 4 bookshelf speakers instead of the standing speakers.

Keep an eye on the page and keep refreshing. The price changes by the minute at times.

Floor speakers are OOS now.

I had the 5.1 in my cart earlier today, but changed my mind as I simply don't have a use for it. Should have bought it and made it a present, but shipping would be super expensive.

I had the 5.1 in my cart earlier today, but changed my mind as I simply don't have a use for it. Should have bought it and made it a present, but shipping would be super expensive.
Not if you ship to the recipient. Free shipping.

Polk's Monitor70, 60 and 40, along with their CS2, have great reviews, I'm kind of surprised by this ^^^ statement. Are you referring to looks, build quality, or sound?

I had a set of 40's and CS2 few years back, thought the Pioneer sounded better.

Polk's Monitor70, 60 and 40, along with their CS2, have great reviews, I'm kind of surprised by this ^^^ statement. Are you referring to looks, build quality, or sound?

Sound and build quality. Sure as heck not looks. The Pioneers will not win any beauty contests. They're not as ugly as the previous version, but they sure aren't pretty.

Sound quality is really no comparison though. They are cleaner with better resolution and soundstage. They won't go as loud, but they're tighter with less resonance.

If anyone near the Los Angeles area is still looking for these speakers, I'll sell mine at cost. I bought two sets and don't think I'll have much use for the second anymore.

For 5.1 look into this.
http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-channel-networking-receiver-w/airplay/1.html

For 7.1 and zone 2 look into this one.
http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-7.1-4k-3d-networking-receiver-airplay/1.html

The AVR-X1000 will sound better if you don't need 7.1, 4k or zone 2.

What about this? I believe it's newer, a very attractive price point, non refurbished, better reviews? How does it compare?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JR6GJLW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Though I believe Audyssey is a big selling point of Denons, and even then it may only be the Audyssey XT that's good enough anymore if I recall. Not sure that S500BT has Audyssey, just says an auto setup system.

5.1 is max required, Bluetooth isn't needed. zone 2 doesn't interest me. Don't need 4k. Good quality sound, reliability, durability are things I'm interested in.

Last edited:
Back