PINK FLOYD'S THE WALL case mod

mnpctech

Limp Gawd
I just finished this last night. Theres a deluge of photos taken so I'll just post my favs.

Worklog at WizD

The project started last June as aluminum Kingwin 424 case.

PFFrontwb.jpg

Airbrushed mural by mnpctech painter, Lin Anderson
PFMuralwb.jpg

Hammer handle
PFLyrics2.jpg

Lyrics
PFLyrics.jpg

Window by Chris Baltar @ customwatercuts
WindowProgrss2wb.jpg

WindowProgresswb.jpg

WindowRedwb.jpg

Face in the Wall was made from Super Sculpy
FaceProgress.jpg

PFFaceintheWallwb.jpg

Hammer portion of modified 92mm acrylic and 120mm wire grill made by hand from Plastruct plastic

Grillprogresswb.jpg

120mm top blow hole grill
120topgrillwb.jpg

92mmgrill.jpg

Fabricated aluminum light shroud for 4" Red CC behind lit text

PFpanelVer2.jpg

PFpanelAFT.jpg

Hammer handle, a functional mod

PFhammerCarry.jpg

Peek inside.

Powdercoat Red chassis

wallchs1.jpg

note: 92mm hammer grill shown eariler is now residing outside rear exhaust. Zalman HSF painted ni matching red

PFMB2Web.jpg

wow, I must say, that is one great looking mod, are you going to run it or is it just for show>?? That front face is sick looking!!! badass!!! be carefull if you run it long that face/intake could grow a dust beard!

overall one great looking mod.

That is pretty damn cool. Pics are taking forever but I know the wait will be worth it.

how much did the window cost from customwatercuts? and that case looks great, liked the movie also

heh, get better web hosting for your pics...

I got tired of waiting for them to load after 30 seconds... :(

I got tired, but let it run in backround... well worth it man! I have no artistic talent and that is freaking awesome!

the pics are taking a long time to load.

you can try uploading them at www.1stclasspcs.com/uploader if you need a mirror for your pics.

i watched that movie for the first time saturday night. it was one hell of a movie.

daaaaaaaammmmnnnnnn..... :eek: :eek:

I'd like to see someone do a 'Dark Side of the Moon' PC........

Best. Theme. Ever. The window and the airbrushing are awesome, and I love the hammer handle. How'd you mount it?

Amazing work man. I noticed ECS board also. I guess you're the first that got it to work flawlessly :) lol

Nice art.

Don't care for the hammer on top, or the wheels - but you don't have to satisfy me now do ya?

ElektronikSeraph said:
Best. Theme. Ever. The window and the airbrushing are awesome, and I love the hammer handle. How'd you mount it?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not a huge Floyd fan, but the work on this one is amazing. Great job.

Thanks all!

@ PS-Rage, I've seen your "House of Rage" :cool:

Ignore the ECS MB folks. It was only temporary.

Hammer handle up close
PFhammerhead2.jpg

Since Kingwin case is alum, I reinforced top panel with 16 gauge steel plate beneath it
PFhammerPlate.jpg

PFhammerPlate2.jpg

Attached threaded rod w/ steel tube sleeve to hammer butt.
PFhammerfastener.jpg

Welded hammer head to steel mounting plate
PFhammerhead.jpg

PFhammerAFT2.jpg

everything looks great except for those big ass ugly wheels.

why'd you put those on?

Like everyone else said, that's simply amazing. That's an awesome idea to mod a case after a band or album.. Pink Floyd pwns :p

looks beautiful, the airbrushing is superb, it shows that you really took your time. Excellent job, cannot wait to see what you have comming up next. Keep up the excellence

Oh my, That is truely awsome.

The level of detail in that case is outstanding.

... amazing, only thing i would change would be the casters, they dont realy seem to flow with the rest when i see it, but thats so sweet i dont know what to say...

Back