Pinguy OS(Linux) for my father's computer

Dosobye

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any experience with this OS? I'm building a computer for my father and I don't really want to fork over money for Windows.
I've herd Pinguy OS is really easy to use. What do you guys think?

All he is going to do is
Use the web to:Check bank stuff, youtube, mp3/video. Not really much else than that.
(Does Linux support fonts? He may be viewing stuff in another langauge which needs fonts, normally can just download and put them in the fonts folder in windows, is it easy to do that in Linux as well?)

Watching CD/DVD vids(all codecs work good for linux?)

I would imagine it would be much harder for him to screw up and download some kind of virus so that would be a big plus.

My last real concern is the the hardware support. Im sure mobo/intel vidcards and stuff like that will work. But good of support does Linux have when it comes in terms of wireless USB adapters? I really hope I don;t have any trouble with this part, otherwise no internet = bust.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your responses.

My choice would be Fedora 14, but either way he should be able to figure out the basics and get on the web.

I say go with ubuntu mint.
I am sure pinguy os is great however, I am wary of small distros mainly because the smaller they are the less people involved which increases the risk of the project dying out and probably less support and slower updates.

Mint is fairly complete and easy to use plus it looks good.

Back