Pin Extractor Tool question

The1stCAV

[H]ard|Gawd
What tool is needed to extract these out of this connector? I want to start sleeving these but the extractor tool I have does not work on these kinds of connectors. Does anyone know how to extract these?

connectorc.jpg

Thanks for the reply - I have the tool ordered now. Just sucks now I have to wait for it to arrive and the sleeving is sitting here begging to be done. *sigh* oh well ordered red connectors too, so I guess waiting for USPS is all that is left. Thanks again.

Any work around without a tool? Are there things like common household items or something that can work in a pinch I could use until the tool gets here?

I used a pair of staples bent into an L shape when doing a friends cables after the pin extractor he bought broke...
Just in case you run into the same :D

You will probably want to order 2-3, the pins will break off pretty easily. If you're modding an entire PSU, you'll probably want 3 just to be on the safe side, IMO.

Great suggestions - thanks all for the input. I actually ordered the first one and the second one suggested, so I should have two - in the event they both break on me, then the "L" shape staple may be the key I needed to finish. I will probably start sleeving the GPU's first and see how it goes and if I end up doing the entire PSU.

I provided a link to get the GENUINE MOLEX BRAND one for $7 cheaper than Frozen CPU. Stop linking to it!

I have the dual head FrozenCPU one and A "genuine Molex" one, and I like the FrozenCPU one better. I spend a lot of time removing connectors and its a bit more comfortable for me to use and seems to work easier, and comes in handy for sleeving to help stuff the shrink wrap into holes when it doesn't fit easily.

I provided a link to get the GENUINE MOLEX BRAND one for $7 cheaper than Frozen CPU. Stop linking to it!

Agreed. Only buy the original or use staples.

Just went through this myself and should have bought the original.
Had to use staples to finish the job.

actually the frozenCPU ended up being cheaper for me.
digikey price 15.30 + 30 shipping (australia) = 45.30
frozen cpu price 22.95 - 1.15 (coupon) + 15 shipping (australia) = 36.80 (35.17 after conversion to AUD)

Back