Pimp my Steam Profile.

Mine looks like default, because I'm not a flashy southerner who eats grits.

Mine looks like default, because I'm not a flashy southerner who eats grits.

so sad a simple post like this and the first person to respond is acting like a kid and thinks he or she is cool

the net gets worse and worse it seems each year with the trolls :(

and to the OP looks cool. did not even know about the steam pages till now lol thx :p

so sad a simple post like this and the first person to respond is acting like a kid and thinks he or she is cool

the net gets worse and worse it seems each year with the trolls :(

Oh shush your fuss. I know cagey and I was just having some fun with him.

Oh shush your fuss. I know cagey and I was just having some fun with him.

yHUyDv8.gif

Great gif. :)

You can buy the profile backgrounds off the Steam Market or make the decks with the cards.

Mine is default because I don't give a crap about what my profile looks like. I care about playing games.

Mine is default because I don't give a crap about what my profile looks like. I care about playing games.

I play games too and I took 20 minutes to pimp my background. ;) Anyway I thought the title of the thread would be a neat way to let people know that they can change their Steam profile's background. It wasn't a bragging contest. I know that some people like to be a little different from others. There's nothing wrong with being "Default". :)

I play games too and I took 20 minutes to pimp my background. ;) Anyway I thought the title of the thread would be a neat way to let people know that they can change their Steam profile's background. It wasn't a bragging contest. I know that some people like to be a little different from others. There's nothing wrong with being "Default". :)

So how do you do it? I didnt see any options in my edit profile.

Oh buy a background or get the cards to make it. I bought some backgrounds for less than 20 cents. Cards were over 20 cents each so it was cheaper to buy the completed deck. Then after the background is in your inventory, edit your profile and scroll down the page to see where you can choose a background. Just search the market for whatever game you like that has trading cards enabled.

:)

i didnt know the two were mutually exclusive.

also, its not like it takes a lot of time or money. i know i fired up civ5 for the first time and played a few hours the other week, and just from that i got 3 cards i sold for a few cents each. that there is probably enough to pimp my profile. basically if you say you dont have enough money or have better things to spend your money on, then i call shins because you can't get much with $.15. :D

if it's just not your thing then it's not your thing, but there's no reason to get down on people or tell them they're wasting their money because they like something you dont. i'll see about pimping mine out when i get home tonight.

BIH man you dont even make posts anymore, you just post gifs. its gay

Oh buy a background or get the cards to make it. I bought some backgrounds for less than 20 cents. Cards were over 20 cents each so it was cheaper to buy the completed deck. Then after the background is in your inventory, edit your profile and scroll down the page to see where you can choose a background. Just search the market for whatever game you like that has trading cards enabled.

:)

it's cool that you can customize your profile but having to pay even .20 cents sounds corny...and you have to deal with trading cards etc...customization without having to jump through hoops would have been a lot better...no wonder most people use the default :D

it's cool that you can customize your profile but having to pay even .20 cents sounds corny...and you have to deal with trading cards etc...customization without having to jump through hoops would have been a lot better...no wonder most people use the default :D

Well it's not hard to find a profile for the game you want. Mouse over the Community tab and choose Market. There is a Find Items search box on the right. Type the name of the game you'd like a background for. It tells you which Steam member is selling it for and how much. Click buy. Then edit your profile and that's it.

If you are a Steam Achievement person you can buy or trade for individual cards and make decks that become profiles. You can build these decks over and over to level your Steam Profile. If you look at my profile you see that I have an achievement called "Initiate". I completed one deck and now it is telling me to do it again to level it up. Not sure if I want to collect more decks or not. :) I just wanted a quick background so I bought a few completed backgrounds for pennies just to try it.

Wait a minute, you have to BUY them? hahahaha

You have a few options. Here are a few scenarios.

Actually play the game you like and you'll receive 1/2 the cards you need to complete your deck. In practice you'll receive a bunch of cards and some will be duplicates. Trade these with your buddies and complete your deck. Or do like I did and sold the excess on the market and bought what I needed with that money.

Trade with your buddies! You can see which cards your buddies have that you're missing. Send them a message and have them send them to you. That social thing isn't hard to do. :)

The third option is to just buy the completed profile background. Most are less than 20 cents. The rare ones go for a couple bucks. I liken it to old school baseball card collecting. I lived in the card shop mulling over how to find something good enough to trade for a Michael Jordan rookie card. Never did, but it was nice memories finding neat things in the foil packs.

I might add some instructions to the OP so that the confusion will be lessened. :)

Back