Pimp my GT (pics)

Steak

Limp Gawd
Keeping the warranty--Fabricate new cover out of aluminum.
6800GTCovers.jpg

This dosn't help cooling/OC, just better looking.
6800GTMod2.jpg

Close Up. Took me 4 hours to make those numbers and letters by using small files.
6800GTModcloseup.jpg

OK, this qualify to post in Case Modding. One advantage of the upside down mobo is to be able to see the video card heatsink.
6800GTinUse.jpg

small files?? how the hell did you really do that lol? Looks very nice!

nice work! i want one!

you should go into the business of making them and selling on ebay or soemthing

Hey Steak! Haven't seen one of your posts in a long time... glad to see you're keeping up the great work. :)

All hail Steak!.. it would be cool if he had a chrome finish on a bare aluminum and he did some 3d etching on it... a 3d case skin..

Not a fan of the WTX case, but I'm digging the cover. How'd you do it? Just a file?

Very nice mod. And yea that is cool to be able to see the video card like that with the upside down mobo.

That is a cool idea, but how hot does your mobo read now, since hot air rises dosnt that off balanace the rear outlet fan making it in a sense..useless?

awesome mod, man!! could you possibly show us what these small files look like and where you bought them from?

those things look so damn good that I can't tell the result apart from laser cutting!

are you all thinking that he filed down that entire thing that low, and put the letters in while doing it, all with a tiny file. He used a machine and left a small part unmachined, that small area looks about 3in x 1in piece, then went at that with a file.

by the way, that looks fucking great dude!

streetkid said:
are you all thinking that he filed down that entire thing that low, and put the letters in while doing it, all with a tiny file. He used a machine and left a small part unmachined, that small area looks about 3in x 1in piece, then went at that with a file.

by the way, that looks fucking great dude!
No, only a moron would assume that. It's obviously 4 separate pieces. Reguardless of how it was made, it still looks great.

Thx guys. Most of cutting are by the jig saw. For those small opening in the middle of the numbers and letters: I use a small drill bit to start the pilot hole, then enlarge to the shape I want. The small files are in the picture below. I got them from a computer show, on one of the 4 items for $10 cheap tool table. Best $2.50 I ever spent :D . Do a net search on "needle files" you would find them everywhere.

needlefiles.jpg

There no way I could make money of any of my computer work. I am too damn slow to do thing. It took me about 10 hours from start to finish on this project. But I do like to play with aluminum, very easy to get a polished finish on them.

As the up side down/WTX case, it cools great, mainly because I have a 120 CFM 120mm fan blowing directly on the CPU and video card from front of the case. It also has a 80mm blow hole on top, so heat is not a issue.

Hey HitMan. I still visit [H]ard everyday, but I haven't worked on a new case for while, since I have 5 modded empty cases sitting on the shell. Maybe I will go back to re-mod them again.

what do you use to polish/get rid of scratches/swirl marks/sand marks etc in aluminum?

i concur with everyone else, that looks really sweet.. good job

Sweet, would be cool if you'd do custom covers too. I wouldn't care much about the time as long as it takes less then a week for one.

What type of window molding is that? Make it yourself? Comp looks great

Yeah I see now how you shaped it I guess but how did you get all the scrapes off. and polish it so well??

It's great seeing something so original and awesome looking.. you rock

HRslammR said:
awesome! how'd your flip your mobo too?

This is just how his case is.. the right side opens and the board mounts upside down.. Lian li V1100 does the same thing. .as others..

Back