Pictures of X58 Mobo

colinstu

2[H]4U
Hopefully the MSI board won't have their typical ridiculous looking circu-pipe crap - it looks pretty nice right now.

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
looks like they are finally killing off the floppy connectors on these boards.

Never seen that circle looking thing mounted on the Foxconn motherboard, what is that anyway? And only 1 LAN port on the Foxconn?

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Never seen that circle looking thing mounted on the Foxconn motherboard, what is that anyway?

My educated guess is that X58 Mobo's were built to be waterproof and the chipsets utilize "GHCT" (Garden Hose Cooling Technology), so basically you just have a soaker hose running above your Mobo to cool the CPU and chipsets. Thats why the northbridge has a little drain on it, to collect the water dribbling through.

(actually I was wondering the same thing, some very different looking cooling solutions on that board)

colinstu

2[H]4U
Heh, I thought the NB Heatsink on the foxconn board was a speaker! :p

Wasn't exactly sure what it was for though :p

HighTest

[H]ard|Gawd
Never seen that circle looking thing mounted on the Foxconn motherboard, what is that anyway? And only 1 LAN port on the Foxconn?

That's the new MegaBass heatpipe subwoofer. Foxconn found out how to convert thermal energy to audible soundwaves and even controll it. Think of it as your new motherboard based subwoofer for your 5.1 setup.

Need more bass? Just overclock your board and the increased thermal energy will pump it up!!!

:D

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
I thought it was to hold the dip for your chips while you were overclocking. :D

I like the looks of the Asus P6T. Very clean design.

Angus66

Limp Gawd
Anyone know if the X58 will allow 16x/16x Crossfire?

I had seen where SLI will be supported @ 16x/16x at least...

samsonJS

Limp Gawd
x58 supports 16x/16x xfire and can support SLI as well, but no ES boards have implemented SLI with AMD's required chip yet. None that I have read about anyway.

edit: I'm wrong. ~>> read this

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Heh, I was thinking speaker also. Silent PC Review is not going to like having a 2" subwoofer onboard!

criccio

Fully Equipped
finally? why finally? the floppy isn't harming you with anything.. some people still use floppy...

Sorry buddy, this is a step in the right direction. People who are still using floppys either, A: dont know how to use a flash drive or a cd to do the same thing, or B: just plain refuse to. And that is on them. :)

samsonJS

Limp Gawd
The people with special exceptions that need a floppy drive will eventually have to face the fact that, like people who need a COM port, they are now part of a niche market.