Pictures of when your H70 pump decides to blow up!

Thank you for this article. Made me think about getting this kind of cooling system. I have heard good and bad reviews from these system. My system isnt worth much, but it is worth something. I cant afford to lose the whole system with a part failure like this. This was Catastrophic in my opinion, but with anything that leaks, and on idle, thats not good. This is a hit and miss product, but certainly you would have to replace this at one point, and when it gets to late, it will get to late. I will stick to strictly air cooling as of now. My hyper 212+ doesnt trail far behind, and is actually one of the better coolers on the market! I hope you get your RMA for all your broken parts!

Hm, the funny thing is the take home message I got from this thread was that this was a very rare, fluke failure and that the company behind it proactively is replacing everything damaged (or even possibly damaged).

Not to sound like a corsair fanboy, but all of my experience with their products personally have been good, reviews are consistenly good, and service as demonstrated here seems to be good.

Hm, the funny thing is the take home message I got from this thread was that this was a very rare, fluke failure and that the company behind it proactively is replacing everything damaged (or even possibly damaged).

Not to sound like a corsair fanboy, but all of my experience with their products personally have been good, reviews are consistenly good, and service as demonstrated here seems to be good.

Agreed.

This thread makes me MORE likely to buy one of their water cooling products, not less.

Wow, that's quite a harrowing tale. I too have an H50 (small brother to h70), but so far it doesn't seem like this is a very common thing so I'm not going to worry about it. Sorry that you had to go through all that though. Pretty interesting read. Amazed that they're replacing the 580!

Corsair is impressing me more and more with each read. Good job COrsair CS!

Sucks to be OP, but at least Corsair is stepping up.

I would be more concerned as a fellow H70 user if we see more of these type of failures until then I won't worry about it.

that looks more like it froze than boiled. Boiling water takes 200 degrees.

100C, 212F, but who uses Fahrenheit for scientific/computer/engineering applications anyway? Thats just a silly measure for weather and the like.

Intel's recent CPU's max out at 100C before they throttle themselves. AMD is much lower (I think about 70C)

These temperatures are typically insufficient to melt most structural plastics. (A cold formed PETG blister or something would definitely melt below 100C but you typically don't make components out of materials like that, just packaging)

I'm thinking what more likely happened is that the pump seized and friction created more heat than the CPU which may have led to warping/melting.

Wow, just saw this thread. Good to see Corsair taking care of the OP. This is an excellent example of a company taking a bad situation and turning it into a win-win situation for everyone. Corsair moves a few notches up on my list of preferred manufacturers (although I personally will be sticking with air cooling in my builds).

Zarathustra[H];1037194901 said:
100C, 212F, but who uses Fahrenheit for scientific/computer/engineering applications anyway? Thats just a silly measure for weather and the like.

Intel's recent CPU's max out at 100C before they throttle themselves. AMD is much lower (I think about 70C)

These temperatures are typically insufficient to melt most structural plastics. (A cold formed PETG blister or something would definitely melt below 100C but you typically don't make components out of materials like that, just packaging)

I'm thinking what more likely happened is that the pump seized and friction created more heat than the CPU which may have led to warping/melting.

Well if you want to be really nit-picky, it's really 212F at sea level. Once you get up to my altitude or so, 200F is more accurate. ;)

Fahrenheit, as well as Imperial units, are still used in the highly technical American oil industry. Bane of my existence...

Back