Picture quality difference between DVI and VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmda

2[H]4U
I am in charge of leading a team of folks who are deciding standards where I work. We have a situation where we have Dell PC's that by default come with a single VGA port. There is also a DisplayPort and there is an option of using a "Dongle" that outputs to DVI.

We have LCD panels that have both VGA and DVI input ports on them. The DisplayPort dongle is $17. I would like to purchase a secondary ATI HD3450 video card for $75 so we can typically use dual DVI connection to the LCD panels instead of one on VGA and the other outputting through the DisplayPort/Dongle to DVI.

I know technologically the differences between VGA and DVI, but is there an example page I can browse to that will showcase the difference when the committee members look at the displays to clearly show that using the Dual Monitor video card option is better than the Dongle?

Any help with this would be great, thanks in advance guys.

I have 2 lcd's exact model side by side, plugged in, 1 via VGA and the other DisplayPort/DVI Dongle

Last edited:
I decided the picture quality was pretty good with the DisplayPort\Dvi dongle when sitting right next to a VGA connected monitor of the same model. Thanks for nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back