Picture Cds

blinkmus

Limp Gawd
A friend wants to know if there is software available to lock Photo CDs. She wants the pictures to be visible, but not copyable.

I don't use Wallmart, but she says that if you try to copy or print a photo from a CD given to you from these place that the photo comes out unusable, is there software that can be used to Lock these CDs.

There is really no way to do this, that I know of. A person could always view the files and do a print screen, even.

Yep that's pretty much how DRM is useless too. Programs like Tunebite simply acts as a microphone that re-records songs instead of converting DRM to non-DRM which would be illegal.

Just gotta know your way around these locks.

A screen capture would work somewhat, but it wouldn't be the same as the original, hi-res photo. I'm sure there are programs out there that do so, because a lot of wedding photographers will do that, if you don't purchase the rights to the hi-res photos.

Yeah that is the program she was looking for, just need to know the name for said program...

Thanks for the reply

Copyright the photo's and sue anyone who copies them,

Other than that, i have nothing usefull

It's been a couple of years since I got a photo CD from a store, but last time I did all that you had to do was turn off autorun or hold the left shift key. The DRM was just a little autorun Java program. You keep that from starting you can make a copy.

Has the DRM for photo CDs gotten tougher?

It's been a couple of years since I got a photo CD from a store, but last time I did all that you had to do was turn off autorun or hold the left shift key. The DRM was just a little autorun Java program. You keep that from starting you can make a copy.

Has the DRM for photo CDs gotten tougher?

I don't know, I don't think i have ever used the instore CD system before, but the girl in question says that if you try to print the picture from the CD the faces are just about black, thus the printed picture is no good.

Back