Pics of my Workplace

WesM63

2[H]4U
I promised someone here pics of the ISP I work for a while back. I finally got around to taking some pictures.

Here are the ones of my office at the ISP.. Yes very messy. heh.. look at all the Cisco boxes :p

office-1.jpg

office-2.jpg

I'll have the rest up later today.

umm no thats not it lol. The boxes are not empty. We throw them out after we implement the devices. I have more pics, just havn't had time to upload them yet. Maybe later today.

that is one messy ISP - honestly if i saw that in an ISP i would wonder about the people who work there

:d

MrGuvernment said:
that is one messy ISP - honestly if i saw that in an ISP i would wonder about the people who work there

:d

heh, thats just my office down there. I need to find the other pics. No where near as messy.

Will you ever post any new/updated pictures? It's been a few months since this thread started and it looks interesting, so I wonder about updates.

Sorry guys, i've been busy. I will get them tomorrow. My website was down for the weekend (that hosts the pictures).

Hexx,
They where prolly of my old room or something.

These arn't the ones you are looking for but figured i'd add these as well.

My other "office" :

myoffice.jpg

The rack at my other "office" (In progress of upgrading our network so there are tons of empty spots, new servers are getting windows and setup for the network on my MCSE's benches)

rack.jpg

Its been a while and lost the originals I had taken so i was in this weekend and took some more.

Here is a teaser:

Overall view of the "Headend" (There are 3 other sites like this, minus some of the routers n stuff)
work001.jpg

More...

Routers 'n Switches 'n Stuff
work002.jpg

Servers, Spam Firewall, Servers, Cable Modem Router.
work003.jpg

Fiber patch panel on left, Lasers on right.
work004.jpg

Cable TV Racks
work007.jpg

damn what kind of certs/knowledge do you need and stuff you need to know to work in a place like that?

thats shits crazy :eek:

nice pictures man. ive always wantef to work at an isp for some reason. seems like itd be fun. if u dont mind me asking which isp is it?

AMD_Gamer,
I have no certs ATM. To busy to stop and study for them. The guy that designed the network has/had 2 (CCNP/CCDA), i just administer it and implement new devices.

ne0-reloaded,
I'd rather not disclose the actual name, but its a small government owned ISP in NW Ohio. Our only competitor is Adelphia.

We provide similar speeds as adelphia. Our residential high speed package is 4Mb/256k, we also have a basic package (don't ask me why) that is 64k/64k. Business cable modem customers get 4Mb/384k and Fiber Business customers get 5Mb/5Mb.

We currently provide internet to roughly 1200 cable modem customers (including business cable modem customers) and 50-60 Fiber Customers.

Not all of our Fiber customers have internet some of them just ride our fiber backbone to other remote locations. (WAN) These customers get burstable speeds up to 10Mb/s across the fiber backbone. Our fiber backbone spans 4 countys and includes 2 separate ISP's.

so how did you get the job? you knew the guy and he knows you know how to do the stuff?

AMD_Gamer said:
so how did you get the job? you knew the guy and he knows you know how to do the stuff?

heh not really. We actually work for a different company and are contracted out to the ISP. I worked at the company for 2yrs before they moved me over to the ISP and other things. I pretty much shadowed the guy who designed the ISP's network for ~2yrs.

i think i speak for everyone when i say any shit that was given earlyer is most definatly taken back :D

p.s. DAMN

Well, you guys got bigger offices than me and more networking equipment. But how many of you have an office in a 200+ year old former monastery? BTW, getting wireless to work through 2 foot thick limestone walls really sucks!!

Shattuck.jpg

WesM63 said:
Its been a while and lost the originals I had taken so i was in this weekend and took some more.

Here is a teaser:

Overall view of the "Headend" (There are 3 other sites like this, minus some of the routers n stuff)
work001.jpg

nice spectrum anal-yser

-(Xyphox)- said:
i know... all the cisco stuff i buy me wants one too :p :D

Its actually a rather large Magnet ;) Buy a Cisco 2940-8TF, they come with the magnets. I think you can buy the magnet off ebay for around $15. If not maybe i'll dig some up and post some FS here.

I see the PIX 520 firewall, a whole buncha DL380's and DL360's - and you need to pick up the bigass pile of server blades sitting on the floor. I miss the days when I worked in nice big server room at the hospital... That's some decent looking high desity rackage going on there.

MixManSC said:
I see the PIX 520 firewall, a whole buncha DL380's and DL360's - and you need to pick up the bigass pile of server blades sitting on the floor. I miss the days when I worked in nice big server room at the hospital... That's some decent looking high desity rackage going on there.
Which hospital?

I was a Network Administrator for Lexington Medical Center here in West Columbia for about 5 years... Fun job - killer budget... redundant everything. Dual Cisco 6514 core switches, all Cisco edge switches, EMC SAN, StorageTek robotic library, Cisco VOIP, etc. It was fun because we always bought all of those things right as they were coming out.

:) I took that picture just across town. ( I work for Lexington's enemy...)

Sellout !! - Just kidding. Looks like the IT budget over there is not too bad either. I talked to some of my buddys at LMC last week - they are just finishing out a totaly server room redesign - new, cooling system, just changed out all the racks for an APC InfraStruXure rack and management system, etc. I'm going to go check it out one day in the next couple of weeks. Sorry about the thread hijack OP. Back on topic... :D

hmm.. me lives in NW ohio... and i knew the name of the damn cable company... but i dont remember it. it sure as shit isnt buckeye, and it isnt time warner. but i just can't remember the name of it.

you should gets me a job there.

Back