Pics of my Scythe ninja installed on an eVGA 680i

AMD-T64

Limp Gawd
In order for the Scythe Ninja to be mounted on a eVGA 680i there is a small mod that has to be done to the mounting bracket. I have seen numerous people ask if the Ninja would work on this board but I never actually found anyone who had pics of what actually needs to be done. I have pictures included and I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of using this HSF.

This thing cools really well ,i'd say 8-10c cooler than stock, but it is a pain to install. The mod is the easy part. But the cooler is so big it is hard to get your fingers on top of the little plastic push pins (same mounting bracket which is used on the stock intel cooler) so you can push down on them. Its just about impossible to install this thing with it in the case but Im sure someone has done it.

I just set the bracket over top of the socket so you could see what the next pic is showing.
I have already trimmed the bracket in this photo.

This is the actual conflict. This is what it looks like without trimming it. You must shave the bracket a little in order for it to seat correctly. I hear some people just let it rest on top but in order to make full contact I believe shaving it is the best procedure.

This is the bracket mounted on the cooler.

Close up after its mounted.

Mounted

Finished product.

wow thats tight i got the SI-128 has better fitment and so far its preforming really well.

Yeah, all of these 120 HSF's are massive. They really dont leave much room in the case at all.

pogipl said:
wow thats tight i got the SI-128 has better fitment and so far its preforming really well.

Yeah, I would have bought something different but by the time I found a thread that said there was a conflict with the board I have, it was already ordered and on its way. I would have got the Tuniq if I could have found one. But oh well.. this is working just fine now.

AMD-T64 said:
Yeah, I would have bought something different but by the time I found a thread that said there was a conflict with the board I have, it was already ordered and on its way. I would have got the Tuniq if I could have found one. But oh well.. this is working just fine now.

its not a bad purchase but just looks like its a pain to put :)

Back