Pics of my new Antec P180!!

dynamiks

Weaksauce
I am in love with my new P180... I just got it today, and spent half the day transfering all my hardware from my old CM Stacker, into this beauty. This case is the most well built case I have ever owned. The attention to detail Antec has put into this case is EXCELLENT. And its nice and quiet. Only thing I can hear right now is my 6800 ultra fan, that thing is insanely loud. But that will be fixed soon, because I ordered a Zalman VF-700 to replace it...

Anyway here is some pics I took of my case for now, I might take some better ones tomorrow. Cable management in this case is harder than I had even imagined. It took me forever to get everything set up perfectly how I want it. I got almost no wires showing now, and it looks excellent!

P180%20002.jpg

P180%20003.jpg

P180%20004.jpg

P180%20005.jpg

P180%20006.jpg

P180%20007.jpg

P180%20008.jpg

Nice! I like the PSU on the bottom setup (ala Dell XPS), given that you have a mobo that is arranged to support it nicely. Nice clean front door, but is the door plastic? Is it Antec's usual Steel frame or AL?

If only I wasn't strictly SFF... hehe

sieb said:
Nice! I like the PSU on the bottom setup (ala Dell XPS), given that you have a mobo that is arranged to support it nicely. Nice clean front door, but is the door plastic? Is it Antec's usual Steel frame or AL?

If only I wasn't strictly SFF... hehe

The door is made out of Aluminum and plastic. The silver part is aluminum, and the black is plastic.

So is the frame made of steel or aluminum? because I wouldnt mind getting that if it was all alum. and not steel.

Archer1212 said:
So is the frame made of steel or aluminum? because I wouldnt mind getting that if it was all alum. and not steel.

No the case frame is made of steel. I guess thats why it does an excellent job of keeping out noise. Since steel is thicker than aluminum. The side panels are made of 2 layers of aluminum and I believe it has rubber or foam or something inbetween the panels to keep noise out.

i'm thinking of getting this case, but i'm worried because of the specs i'm going to buy:

X2 4400
DFI SLi-DR
BFG 7800GTX

would the 7800GTX fit in this case? i was going w/ CM stacker Full tower, but this case looks really cool.

Betauser said:
i'm thinking of getting this case, but i'm worried because of the specs i'm going to buy:

X2 4400
DFI SLi-DR
BFG 7800GTX

would the 7800GTX fit in this case? i was going w/ CM stacker Full tower, but this case looks really cool.

I'm also considering this case. My LianLi is not compatible with my new mobo so it's either the case or the board...

edit: I ordered the P180 this afternoon.

he is...the neo2's dual channel doesnt go color coordinated...instead their setup in pairs dual channel = slot 1 + slot 2.....yeah msi is queer like that...

Looks like a nice case. How much does it weigh? I was thinking of getting the P160WF due to it's weight and style, yet I feel it needs a little more cooling. This one looks very nice though, just worried about the weight since it is steel as opposed to aluminum. I'm trying to get away from the weight of my Antec SX1240 full tower case, so I was just curious. Also, are the hard drive racks completely removable?

dayamdave said:
he is...the neo2's dual channel doesnt go color coordinated...instead their setup in pairs dual channel = slot 1 + slot 2.....yeah msi is queer like that...

hehe i remember when i had my first Neo2 and a buddy dropped by to check it out. He then informed me that my ram was not running dual channel. We had a good laugh at the queerness that is MSI.

dayamdave said:
that is weird.
Thanks for clearing that up though... haven't been keeping up to date as much as i normally do :p

aldy402 said:
where can you get the all black version? (seen at silentpcreview.com)

i think it's at endpcnoise.com. black version is unique to the spcr-monogrammed edition for the remainder of the year, iirc.

its ugly, it sucks, its stupid, its practically one of the best looking setups I have seen, looking good man. I like the front esspeacially. The LED fans look nice in there.

Did you need ATX power extenders? I have a OCZ Modstream 520 and the 20+4 ATX connector and the P4 connector aren't long enough to reach...

For people wondering, the case was designed for silence and performance, not to be lightweight. The frame was intentionally made out of steel to make it a nice sturdy case that would not have any vibrations at all whatsoever. Antec includes plenty of rubber grommets for all the harddrive slots, and the PSU area has silicone padding all around it to quiet the PSU as well.

The mobo tray is not removeable, cable management is a little tricky, but as you can see can be done. Also, a 7800GTX does not stick out past a standard ATX motherboard so of course it will fit in any standard case :rolleyes:

The 7800 will fit on attack of the show they had that case with 2 7800 in it so it should be ok.

I've got a few questions if I might.
Firstly, where did you get those fans? And according to something I read there is space for one in the front, back and bottom...never saw anything about a space in the top...? Also, I'm hoping to get the XP-120 for my CPU heatsink..would that have any fitting issues in a P180 on an ASUS A8N SLI Premium with a 7800 GTX?

Thanks and sorry if I accidentally hijacked:)

Back