[Pics inside] Suggest a quiet cooling solution to replace H70

BusyBeaverHP

Limp Gawd
computerbefore.png

My H70 has been working excellently in all departments except for one: noise, and it's driving me nuts! Please help me pick out a good replacement for it.

heatsinksuggestion.png

I'm looking for a push-pull configuration. Since I have all 6 slots occupied by Corsair Dominators and fan, it's challenging to find a heatsink setup that won't interfere with my RAM clearance.

Money isn't an issue and I'm willing to buy a pair of quiet fans separately if need be.

For fans, the Noctua NF-P14 fans are 140mm with 120mm hole patterns. Looks quiet to me, got a better suggestion?

I've looked into the Noctua NH-U12P heatsink, but I'm trying to avoid this scenario (notice RAM slot 1 blocked).

Considering these things, what would you suggest for a quiet, slim-profile heatsink setup?

Why not just change the fans on the radiator to silent ones? Are you sure those fans are the culprit?

get the h80.

low speed on the h80 is quieter than the low speed h70
medium speed on the h80 is quieter than the low speed h70
tubes are more flexible (i have less issues with clearance with my corsair ram fans)
It ramps up and down depending on usage.
fans are better.

I got the h80 and i quite like it. The only quip i have is that on boot the fans go full speed for about 5 seconds before going down to your preset speed.

Thermalright makes a quiet 140mm fan that uses 120mm mounting holes. I do not know how much the radiator contributes. Cooler Master R4s (about 1800/2000 rpm) may be quiet enough or need under volting.

you're using the stock fans I assume, and they're horrible and loud. Get some gentle typhoons.

I personally use Thermaltake Frio and I have fans turned down. Runs decently cool and can't even hear it :) But the only problem is if you want to run both fans, then it will block one memory slot :(

Back