Pico PSU roundup

Zap

[H]ard|Gawd
jonnyGURU test roundup of Pico PSUs

This roundup is completely unique in that AFAIK it is the first to test Pico PSUs to the standards that normal PSUs are tested to, and by "standards" I mean the good reviewers like here at HardOCP and over there at jonnyGURU. :cool:

Thanks for posting this!

It's good to see pico psus becoming this mainstream. This really shows that mini-itx and the like are not as rare as they used to be! :D

good reviews.. I dont think anyone of any real knowledge has tested pico units before. & for someone wanting to do a tiny system this is very very valuable info.

Thanks for the link, I've been searching for the name of these type of PSU's for months. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I've been searching for the name for these type of PSU's for months. :D

You should have asked. ;) I'm sure plenty of people here in SFF would have known what you were asking about.

You should have asked. ;) I'm sure plenty of people here in SFF would have known what you were asking about.

Just didn't know how to describe it as I've only seen this kind of PSU once while servicing a clients Acer Aspire media center pc a while ago.

These are great PSUs, used them with a Dell DA-2 220W 12v dc brick for years, I had the PW-200-M and the PicoPSU-120, never had a single issue.

heh never thought to get a wide input to use other AC-DC adapters. Always figured they were just for automotive applications.

Thanks for posting this!

It's good to see pico psus becoming this mainstream. This really shows that mini-itx and the like are not as rare as they used to be! :D

A few years ago I would probably never have thought of mini-itx; I really wanted the top end hardware. Funny thing is recently I've been thinking of getting an Atom+Ion and a Pico PSU to run as a media server/windows home server. It's almost like nowadays you just need to get 'good enough' performance and from there it's all about how small, and quiet (maybe even silent) you can make a computer.

Back