Picked up a Macbook Air

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
A friend was selling her mid 2011 Macbook Air and I offered her $100 for the unit since it is a little beat up, but works well.
macbook-air.jpg

I put El Capitan on it and I really like the touchpad on this thing. I don't care for touchpads in general on most laptops but this one is really useful.
I had a mouse attached to it but went back to using the touchpad.

I only recently learned "twerk" was a style of music.

Apple people don't listen to it.

Nice price.

I nabbed my 2012 15" Pro for the same, upgraded the RAM/SSD myself.

I rarely use my MBA now, I suspect I'll end up selling both and getting the new rMBP once Apple finally updates them to whatever is next for them (Skylake/Kaby/whatever.)

for $100 thats a damn good price, even if it is only a 11" with 64gb SSD and 2gb ram.

Install BetterTouchTool and it makes trackpad even better... better to start off with couple extra gestures and add stuff as needed.

Just like in Chome having tap 3 fingers to open new tab, or put 3 fingers on pad and tap pinky to close tab makes web browsing so much nicer.

The touchpad is really the best thing apple has done. I have never used another touchpad that compares and I have used a ton doing PC support.

Ya, I really really like the touchpad and the way it operates.
I'll check out that BetterTouchTool, you get that from the Apps Store?

That is an incredible price. Down the line, you can upgrade the SSD to a larger drive if needed although RAM is stuck at 2GB.

Back