[Pic] Look What came In Today!!

shizdan

[H]ard|Gawd
Remember that WOOT deal?
HPIM0402.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

Now we have a dielma.... MY X-fi XtremeGamer Fatality is already installed. But im wondering if this card is better.....What should i use?

what the hell, my box didn't say woot on it :[

I would say use it. It worked a lot better than my x-fi, but then again it wasn't an extreme gamer...

whats the point of Velbac?
It essentially allows you to route the audio stream out of one sound card into the output of another. This was useful back when people were using the X-Meridian along with an X-Fi. Velbac would take the processed audio stream out of the X-Fi (EAX and all) and route it to the X-Meridian's output stage. So, you'd get the processing power of the X-Fi and the output quality of the X-Meridian for a little CPU usage and a bit of latency on the back end.

I don't really see the point in using it for the Barracuda unless you have some sort of specific need to. If you want to use DDL along with EAX support, for instance.

I used Velbac with my barracuda last year. I used a Audigy2zs with it in vista because I didnt get 5.1 in most of my games.only a few did. And then for openAL. And it got annoying and what not upmixing stuff.

Back