PhysX on nVidia cards won't work if an ATI card is used

Thanks, I'll test it later. Btw you posted it on my profile so it won't be "private" but now that I got the links, I have deleted your post from my profile.

Got it working!
Ati 4890 running the graphics and my old 8800gt doing the physics. Batman looks and runs awesome :)

how do you get batman to see physx is possible i cant seem to get it to recognize my gtx 260 using 5870 as render card. Everything else runs in hardware physx mode.

how do you get batman to see physx is possible i cant seem to get it to recognize my gtx 260 using 5870 as render card. Everything else runs in hardware physx mode.

Make sure you install the 1.1 patch for batman it enables Physx

Apologies if I missed this in a past post, but I'm looking to get a Physx-dedicated card to run with my two 5870s in Crossfire. Does GenL's patch allow you to run the nVidia card with X-fired cards, or is it limited to just a single 5870?

Also, I'm looking at a 9800 GT for the dedicated card since I need something low-profile with no Power cords. Is this card fast enough to run Physx with my dual 5870s or should I look into a GTS 250 (and additional front-bay PSU)?

Apologies if I missed this in a past post, but I'm looking to get a Physx-dedicated card to run with my two 5870s in Crossfire. Does GenL's patch allow you to run the nVidia card with X-fired cards, or is it limited to just a single 5870?

Also, I'm looking at a 9800 GT for the dedicated card since I need something low-profile with no Power cords. Is this card fast enough to run Physx with my dual 5870s or should I look into a GTS 250 (and additional front-bay PSU)?

9800GT will be fine, i recently (6am this morning) got a Quadro FX3700 (8800GT equiv) working for physx with my 4870 and was fine.
Shouldn't need an extra PSU for it, they dont sap that much power to be honest. GenL's patch does work with crossfire, all it does is enable nVidia physx settings when it's not the primary card.

Edit : http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=72035&highlight=ati+physx

Last edited:
9800GT will be fine, i recently (6am this morning) got a Quadro FX3700 (8800GT equiv) working for physx with my 4870 and was fine.
Shouldn't need an extra PSU for it, they dont sap that much power to be honest. GenL's patch does work with crossfire, all it does is enable nVidia physx settings when it's not the primary card.

Thanks, I'll go for the 9800 GT.

My limitation in card choices isn't that I don't have enough power on my primary PSU (I'm running a 1000W OCZ), it's that I don't have any other 6-pin cables to attach to a card -- all the 6/8-pin PCI-E cables are being used by my two 5870s.

Thanks, I'll go for the 9800 GT.

My limitation in card choices isn't that I don't have enough power on my primary PSU (I'm running a 1000W OCZ), it's that I don't have any other 6-pin cables to attach to a card -- all the 6/8-pin PCI-E cables are being used by my two 5870s.

Cool :)

Just pick up a 4 - 6pin adapter like this http://www.cooltechpc.com/c/ctpc/std/sku=6pin_pci.html they're sold everywhere

+1 for an awesome patch.

Using a 5870 and gt120 (came with the Mac Pro - still need it for OS X)

I got a question,can a 9800GTX be used for physics processing along with a 5850?

Back