Physicists Testing To See If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

It's going to irritate me to no end if all of the light captured by Hubble has been nothing more than an elaborate After Dark screen saver.

It's going to irritate me to no end if all of the light captured by Hubble has been nothing more than an elaborate After Dark screen saver.

Totally doubtful because we would have noticed the flying toasters by now.

It could just as easily be a blow to manned religion as it could be to atheism.

Atheists could find out there actually was design, not just chance/probabilities, like previously thought.

Religions could find out although something created it all/set things into motion, it was nothing like they told everyone it was, and everything they've ever preached was a blatant lie (because guessing you know what happened is not the same thing as knowing you know what happened). I mean, we may just be one of many side effects in this universe of an experiment some being performed/is performing. The being running the simulator/experiment (if not dead) might be saying this right now - "Look how that human fungus on orb-32 (what they might call Earth) are totally destabilizing it by moving all the (chemical) elements into the wrong places. Should we stop now or let them kill themselves off naturally?".

Agnostics could be proven right. In that religion was making stuff up off the top of their heads to control people with fear of the unknown and that atheists just took it too far in the whole other direction. AKA proving no one actually knew anything until actual evidence was found proving something, either way!

Either way, nice time to be a live.

But that wouldn't change that someone had created and overseen each of those universes, and they hadn't come into being by some happy little accident.
In this simulation topic, what I said here still applies to your scenario because it was still started by someone. The only way it wouldn't is if the simulation began from nothing.

One way of looking at this scenario is that the religious actually noticed the man behind the curtain (monitor).

In this simulation topic, what I said here still applies to your scenario because it was still started by someone. The only way it wouldn't is if the simulation began from nothing.

Options:

A. god

B. chance

C. none of the above / currently unknowable

Answer = C

:D

Hypothetically speaking; this will be a complete blow to atheist and their ilk, because if it were found that we were a simulation in someone's computer, then that person would in essence be God. Therefore their fight to disprove the existence of God would only serve to prove the very existence of that which they were trying to disprove.

You are confused, this has nothing to do with god. Its simply an experiment to further our understanding of nature.

I guess by your logic I am the god of sim city, and the programmer who made this simulation is my god, I wonder who his god is? Maybe its just gods all the way up forever. Or maybe redefining god to whatever you see fit is a cheap way to argue.

Atheists could find out there actually was design, not just chance/probabilities, like previously thought.

I would still be chance/probabilities. The big bang happened and the subsequent probabilistic events that have lead to human life all happened. Even if we live in a simulation and even if a programmer decided to plop the earth down 10k years ago the simulation would still have to work out the previous 13.7 billion years of shit.

Back