Physical Port Blockers

PTNL

Supreme [H]ardness
Where does everyone purchase physical hardware port blockers -- USB, Ethernet, VGA, etc? I want a port blocker that gets screwed into place, and do not wish to destroy a port or fill it with superglue.

mac address port security or just shutdown the port.
This is more for a separate, off-network device that could have multiple similar ports. I want to cover up the port(s) the user should not use to simplify the installation/setup process.

Where does everyone purchase physical hardware port blockers -- USB, Ethernet, VGA, etc? I want a port blocker that gets screwed into place, and do not wish to destroy a port or fill it with superglue.

Onto what type of unit ?

Motherboard ? Switch ? Hub ? Firewall ? etc etc ?

Onto what type of unit ?

Motherboard ? Switch ? Hub ? Firewall ? etc etc ?
It really depends on the port itself.

I've seen D-Sub blockers that have a plastic cover over the video port, and use the existing screwholes that the monitor cable would use. I've seen Ethernet port blockers that simply plug into the Ethernet port, and have a quarter-turn screw that keeps it secured in place.

Last edited:
I don't think this is a product that "everyone" buys.

Put the thing in a lockbox with wires coming out of a hole.

This should work well for USB, thanks!

I don't think this is a product that "everyone" buys.

Put the thing in a lockbox with wires coming out of a hole.
Correct, this is not something that "everyone" buys. Discussions about "what" the item is takes this thread off-topic.

For now, assume it is a blackbox, with plain ports for the user to connect to their environment. I'm wanting to physically obstruct (in a clean way without damage) the few ports that would not be necessary for a specific user receiving the blackbox. The purpose is not from a security measure, but rather to simplify the connectivity... and to reduce support tickets for people needing assistance setting up the blackbox. (This is something that will be done in conjunction with color-coding the wires/ports that a customer is to use, along with a picture assembly page, etc.)

The port blockers are the only missing component from this concept.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For USB you should look for a solution that is harder to get around than the "Cap or plug" that was mentioned.

Something similar to This that can only be removed with a special tool would be better

Back