Photostore 3.5 issues

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
Having issues with a custom footer copyright.. here is the error I am getting currently

PHP:
Warning: include(log.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 41

Warning: include(log.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Warning: include() [function.include]: failed opening 'log.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in

Thanks in advance guys!

Yeah, I have done that.
This is line 41 in footer.php
PHP:
<?php include(log.php); ?>

I realize its looking for log.php
But where exactly should this log.php be?

found the log.php
Its in the root directory.

But the error code is a bit different.
Warning: include(logphp) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Warning: include(logphp) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Warning: include() [function.include]: failed opening 'logphp' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
Where the output has changed, I highlighted red.

Last edited:
OK, changed the include path:
here is the new section of code from footer.php

PHP:
<?php
                             // Works as of PHP 4.3.0
                             set_include_path('/home/tristans/public_html');

Now, the bottom of my site, which includes several small image type logos and the copyright has disappeared and this error has appeared on the top of the page.

PHP:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 44

Woops, noticed my mistake there.
that area of code is now:
PHP:
<?php
                               // Works as of PHP 4.3.0
                               set_include_path('/home/tristans/public_html');

// Works in all PHP versions
                               ini_set('/home/tristans/public_html', '/home/tristans/public_html');
                                                                           ?>               

But now Im getting the same error(s) just with a different line, which is the same line as before..

Warning: include(logphp) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 49

Warning: include(logphp) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 49

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'logphp' for inclusion (include_path='/home/tristans/public_html') in /home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 49

This is line 49: <?php include(log.php); ?>

for some reason its still looking for logphp
I renamed log.php to logphp and no more errors... Not sure how to change what its looking for now

OK, fixed that issue, this is the current code:
PHP:
				            <?php include(home/tristans/public_html.'log.php'); ?>

But, now im getting two errors on the bottom of the page:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 41

OK, fixed that issue, this is the current code:
PHP:
				            <?php include(home/tristans/public_html.'log.php'); ?>

But, now im getting two errors on the bottom of the page:

You need to put your strings in quotes.

like this?
PHP:
<?php include "home/tristans/public_html." "'log.php'"; ?>

Last edited:
w00t I got it... Trial and error.. and lots of headdesking.. lol.. I appreciate your help and patience with me. This is really my first time messing ( know its not very intensive or anything) with php.
I do have another question, not sure if you have any idea or not. But with photostore, you change the copyright info on the bottom of the page in english.php

here is that are in english.php
PHP:
//FOOTER AREA
$footer_we_accept = "WE ACCEPT ";
$footer_we_accept_alt = "Credit Cards";
$footer_license = "Licensing";
$footer_privacy = "Privacy Policy";
$footer_terms = "Terms of Use";
$footer_all_rights = ". All Rights Reserved.";
$footer_copyright = "Copyright &copy; 2007";

This is what the footer shows:
Copyright © 2007 Tristan's Photography . All Rights Reserved.

I want to change that to
Copyright © 2012 Tristan's Photography . All Rights Reserved. Site Designed/Maintained by Tristan S. Gray ( with my name being a hyperlink)

So changing english.php to this:
PHP:
//FOOTER AREA
$footer_we_accept = "WE ACCEPT ";
$footer_we_accept_alt = "Credit Cards";
$footer_license = "Licensing";
$footer_privacy = "Privacy Policy";
$footer_terms = "Terms of Use";
$footer_all_rights = ". All Rights Reserved.";
$footer_copyright = "Copyright &copy; 2012  Site Designed and Maintained by:<a href="http://www.salemridgefarms.com">Tristan S. Gray</a> ";

Now, the site does not load, i only get this error
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/tristans/public_html/language/English.php on line 490

Ok, so in footer.php
this is the copyright line now:
PHP:
<? echo $footer_copyright.  $setting->site_title. Site Designed and Maintained by: <a href="http://www.salemridgefarms.com">Tristan S. Gray</a> "?>

The footer no longer shows on the bottom of the site, and this error is on the top of the site:
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tristans/public_html/footer.php on line 35

That' ok, everyone's got to start somewhere and you didn't come here with an attitude...

Have a good read of this, specifically how the quotes are laid out to encapsulate the strings.

I fixed it. Trial and Error, Its normally the best teacher. But when someone else knows more than you and can guide you in the right direction, it helps. A lot. I fixed the footer issues and added the content I wanted and also added the Social Media Icons/Links I wanted to. Thank you again for your help.

That's good. What are you using to edit these files? Even something simple like Notepad++ (with syntax highlighting) can help you spot most errors before you even try and run the code.

Yeah,Notepad++ and Komodo Edit, I also have dreamweaver, I don't use it most of the time because its bulky, but if Im working on designs, I do, I like the dynamic live view.

Back