Photoshop Keyboard Kicks Off on Kickstarter

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you spend a lot of time working with Photoshop or even if you are just a frequent casual user, you may appreciate putting all of the commonly used Photoshop keys on their own keyboard. We'll see just how popular this might be looking for funding on Kickstarter. The burning question here is how are the users going to pirate the physical version? :D

Christ.

I would think that hardcore Photoshop users make use of keyboard shortcuts already. That being said, you could do this in software with a second monitor (I would also think that hardcore photoshop users have multiple monitors), and put all of the function buttons on your second monitor.

That "keyboard" look more horrendously complicated than simply trying to remember macros.

I am thinking no

get a small touch screen, lay it down and put the functions on there. would be easier and just as useful.

Given that design I don't see how you could not always have to look down at the keyboard to make sure you are hitting the right keys or even finding what you need.

I think the Optimus keyboard would be easier to use.

There is also an Adobe-made iPad app, but so far only works for Photoshop CS 5.5. (CS 6 is supposedly supported.)

And, according to my friend who uses Photoshop in OSX, the latest version, Adobe REMOVED a few common functions out of the app.

Or just click a button on the screen??!! LOL

Who needs to use the gaussian blur keyboard shortcut? And even if they do use it a lot, I'm sure they'd change it to something easier. This project is a terrible idea. Spend a half hour just hunt-and-pecking for the right keys on the keyboard.

That "keyboard" look more horrendously complicated than simply trying to remember macros.
I hear you on that.

It also lacks the normal QWERTY functions, making it necessary to have two keyboards on your desk, which seems very awkward.

I hear you on that.

It also lacks the normal QWERTY functions, making it necessary to have two keyboards on your desk, which seems very awkward.

I would view that about on par with somebody that uses a wicom pad or something. although then I started to think about using this AND a pad. and my brain exploded from how much of a mess that would be lol

great, now I've got my tablet and this monstrosity to fit on my desk space? No thanks, besides most tablets have a shit load of macro slots already.

Why not just print shortcut icons on a regular desktop keyboard, which should the number of keys, and then just add another smaller section of keys for the others (possibly replacing the numeric keypad area)?

That device looks like a mess.

A touch screen with a main menu that opens up groups of similar functions(like how that keyboard layout is colored coded) could make sense. Having a qwerty KB with a button to switch modes to use the keys as PS functions would make sense.

That monstrosity? No. Hell, you don't even need to make a specific device these days, just make an app for a tablet.

I'm with everyone else, a touch screen would make more sense, though not if the solution has over 300 buttons. Photoshop is complicated, but throwing hundreds of buttons at the user doesn't make it much easier.

I'd like something to reduce the forgetting of keyboard shortcuts in-between Photoshop uses. It takes me an hour to remember most of them whenever I get started.

Given the lack of backers I think a lot of others agree about the lack of use for something like this. They need $185,000 and have raised $5000.

Back