Photoshop Images in MS Word

Suck_My_Deck

[H]F Junkie
I've been having this issue for a while and I have yet to figure out how to solve it.

Whenever I create something in Photoshop to use in a MS Word document it causes Word to slow down horribly. For example if I create a transparent .PNG with Photoshop and import it into a document it will cause Word to have a 10 second delay on anything I do. It's bad enough that I cannot even scroll through the document.

It doesn't seem to matter what the quality settings, color space, color depth or image size is. I can import a 25kb 5px x 5px .JPG and it still causes Word to grind to a halt. My google-fu must be weak because I can't seem to find anything on this. I was hoping someone might have some insight.

Cliffs:
Create ANY image in photoshop
Import to Word
Word grinds to a halt

Guess I should have added more information:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Photoshop CS4 Extended
Word 2007

I should note also that it only does this with the .docx format, regular .doc files work fine but I cannot use them because of the lack of formatting options. So apparently it's something to do with the XML data or formatting options included in .docx files.

The link in my previous post, from what I read there, the very last post contains a possible a work around. Does it help? They seem to also mention problems specifically with docx files.

I have personally never experienced these problems, I worked with Word '07 a lot throughout college with docx files that included images...

Back