Photoshop Content-Aware Fill Sneak Peek

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whether or not you are a Photoshop user, the video you are about to see is simply amazing. With Content-Aware Fill, what would normally take hours by hand can be done in just minutes.

Amazing. This is truly amazing. This will save me a ton of time on my graphic projects and make me more money!

Great find and I can't wait for it. Will this be an update for CS4 or a new feature in CS5?

Very impressive technology. I'm excited! :D

(fixed)

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the same artifacts when working with the healing brush tool on certain images.
When I saw the tree disappear with one click, I immediately went into shock.

I want this now. Healing brush is nice sometimes but this is awesome. Don't know how many images I've abandoned because the healing brush wasn't working and my limited PS skills weren't there to fix it.

I get the same artifacts when working with the healing brush tool on certain images.
When I saw the tree disappear with one click, I immediately went into shock.

If you have select the right areas you can get healing-brush to work quite well, the problem is not selecting your area really well before-hand.

If you noticed, he selected very close to the tree branches, this reduces the number of artifacts by a lot.

Even then, it's really impressive... I know I've done things like that by hand and it usually takes a couple of hours to do a good job touching up an image.

WOW! People hate on Adobe a lot (and a lot for good reason), but whenever they do stuff like this my dislike vanishes

so is this a update feature or is it going to cost 10,000 for a plugin?

Whoa, so cool!

Photoshop is smarter than a lot of people think.. have you guys seen what it does if you try to paste in a banknote image? Copy the image from here http://bit.ly/cNe5DT and try it.

Maybe it's time for me to finally upgrade my Photoshop 4.01 to the latest version.

I dont have pshop installed on my computer.. What does it do? im curious

This

screen1.jpg

WOW! People hate on Adobe a lot (and a lot for good reason), but whenever they do stuff like this my dislike vanishes

Adobe has always been excellent with Photoshop. We never hated them for that one software. We've always said that Adobe should stop wasting time with Flash and stick with Photoshop.

Photoshop is getting really smart. Would you call this AI? I would. Amazed.

I dont have pshop installed on my computer.. What does it do? im curious

A warning box pops up and says "This application does not support the editing of banknote images. For more information, select the information button below for Internet-based information on restrictions for copying and distributing banknote images or go to www.rulesforuse.org."

It's crazy because the message will still pop up even if you try to paste in a "print screen" with other stuff around the image in the browser.

Damn....the examples he gave were far from perfect and would get kicked back by any QC department but that is one hell of a starting point! No bones about it, Photoshop is an amazing piece of software. I can't wait to update.

wow on the last panorama...

almost tempted to call early april's fool on this... but it seems legit.

wow on the last panorama...

almost tempted to call early april's fool on this... but it seems legit.

Yeah, that panorama fill is unimaginably awesome.

Holy heck! I was excited because I use PS at work, but I use GIMP at home. I had no idea! First download when I get home will be that plugin. :eek:

Saw the video last night and watched it again this afternoon just for kicks. I have to admit they have some solid programmers over there at Adobe working on Photoshop.

simply amazing...but learning that gimp has it, makes me like gimp that much more

Adobe has always been excellent with Photoshop. We never hated them for that one software. We've always said that Adobe should stop wasting time with Flash and stick with Photoshop.

Well if MS had actually created a competing product many years ago no one would even know what flash is. I hope CS4 will have it as well, don't want to upgrade.

Back