Photography YouTube channels

kindasmart

[H]ard|Gawd
As a followup to the photography site thread, here is a list of some Youtube links.

NO particular order whatsoever. Some you will love, some you will hate. Some channels updated multiple times/day, some go a month or three between updates. No particular focus either.

This is just a start. Please post more. THXs.

Tony & Chelsea Northrup Tony & Chelsea Northrup
The Angry Photographer Theoria Apophasis
Matt Granger Matt Granger
DigitalRev TV DigitalRev TV
PhotoRec PhotoRec TV
Jared Polin Jared Polin
TheSnapChick TheSnapChick
Steve Perry Steve Perry
Moose Peterson Moose Peterson
Darren Miles Darren Miles

Dang, you hit all my subs and more. Great stuff there.

One more guy to add:
Matthew Gore Matthew Gore - he goes a long time in between posts, but they are all very thorough, scientific, and well-presented. Very educational

Oh, and my favorite lens review guy (only does Canon, sorry):
Christopher Frost Photography Christopher Frost Photography

And Northrup is only semi-competent and shouldn't be relied on for anything technical, and The Angry Photographer is surprisingly biased...

I mean, there's lots of good information, but it's also colored by sponsorships and mixed in with ignorance and outright BS too.

If you want some thinking and inspiration with your art, I recommend Sean Tucker: https://www.youtube.com/user/seantuckermerge
I follow several photography channels. I'd say I like his style far more than anyone else I've watched thus far for these reasons:

Most YouTubers are after views and likes, so their content is designed to be buzzworthy and click-baity. Most of the time this also means that their content is for beginners or is otherwise dumbed down.
Most YouTubers are generally reviewing gear or are talking about experience with certain types of gear.
Or in the case of some of the outliers, they use photography as a subject for vlogging.

Sean spends a lot of time talking about philosophy of photography as well as trying to inspire photographers to go and do work. He's a working photographer and does these videos out of passion and generally only produces content when he feels he has something to say.
Although he does occasionally do a video about gear or about a tutorial, generally speaking that is kept to a minimum. And even when he does, he talks about the philosophy and thought process first.

Last edited:
Back