Photochop Gawds, posers, people alike! $10 for best banner.

People, be careful of garish fonts. Yes, space fonts or grunge fonts or even ancient fonts
look schweet, however over-use can make a good design look shite. You could use a
decorative (i.e. non-standard font) as a basis for a trademark, however, stick to simple
readable typography for the rest. The same with colour, try to act like the designer is not
colour-blind, or cannot distinguish between 50% and 100% red ... or from India, where
shocking green, pink, orange and gold are all the rage. :D

Keep up the good work! ;)

yeah , the colors will just about make your eyes bleed , but what do you want for ten bucks a Picasso ?

sruffy3.jpg

(oh yeah and I cheated on the size too , made it easier to read that round logo dealio )

Nope, but those are the best looking X's I've been linked to in a long time.

If he colored one, it might win.

Kidding, of course.

Totally_Awesome_Dude said:
I am a expert grafix :). Where can i have the money thankz.

thankz. :)

totally awesome
i_need_money.jpg

I seriously laughed about this one for like 2 minutes :D

ictrlu said:
Nothing commercial? That's funny...I could have sworn you offered the winner ten dollars. I love how I'm told to move to China or other parts of the world, suggesting I'm Communist I guess? But the funny thing is, I express my opinion, use my right of free speach, and you can't handle it. I'm assuming the people telling me to do that are you're run of the mill arrogant Americans, who parade free speach and the right to say whatever you want until it offends them. I expressed my opinion, that's all. I'm not moving anywhere, but thanks for the suggestion.

I offered $10 out of my OWN pocket as a reward IN ADDITION to having your logo on a Government website. It's a reward for spending the time to try, and for learning how. A gesture of kindness, I'll buy you lunch. You don't like it, go elsewhere. :)

K, everyone... DAMN fine jobs. Really good work... but I'm gonna have to cut it off now, at this point. There are too many to choose from! We don't know what to say, but we are VERY impressed. The winner will be announced next week, and either credited by your handle, or by your name (your choice) on the site. Thanks again!!!

Hyperion said:
Is it just me seeing 2x
redx.gif
? ;)

I admit the image should come with a warning that states people with weak heart conditions should not view the abundant misuse of color ... but the image should
be appearing at least .

I'll try a different host .

Copy/Paste Rild's image src. His host doesn't let him link it on other websites it seems. I don't know Rild, but I might as well help him out a bit...

http://crunchstuff.0catch.com/sruffy3.jpg
http://crunchstuff.0catch.com/scruff5.jpg

Edit: Fixed right before I posted it...unless that is my browser's cache...? :confused:

right , this location might work a little better
scruff5.jpg

thanks for the assist Tim_axe , I not really sure the image is worth all the trouble though ;)

Hyperion said:
Hmmm, I am contemplating closing this thread ... just sad that ...

Well, I see that Iopoetve isn't looking for any more submissions - but I agree; there is some outstanding work in this thread! Don't close it, just PM Kyle and tell him to ban the trolls from this thread :cool:

calebb said:
Well, I see that Iopoetve isn't looking for any more submissions - but I agree; there is some outstanding work in this thread! Don't close it, just PM Kyle and tell him to ban the trolls from this thread :cool:

Yeah. We got about 5x the number of submissions I thought we would :eek:

You all are amazing!

hhmm, maybe it's a deadlock and now they must kidnap all the submitters and wisk them away to a hastily built planet far far away , there they must fight deathmatch style to finally see which is stronger good or evil ,or for the ten bucks or somethign , er, then again maybe not ....

.... any way I would probably vote for cutemasterfl's as it does have that austere professional , minimalist thing going on ... :cool:

We've had two people (me and project lead) vote. The 3 others are all out on deployment and haven't managed to get back to me yet. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten, just waiting for the votes!

lopoetve said:
Welcome to ignore, fagtard. My opinion: I'm paying for this out of my pocket. ARIM, is not paying a cent. It's a reward for those who I (we) feel can do the best work. For those who like to show off their talent/skills for the rest, and get a little something for doing a DAMN fine job.

You don't like it, move to Canada.

As for copyright, I'll deal with that when we get there. There is no "commercial" use here. We're a non-profit group in ACD, and organization of a Government Research group. There is no commercial gain involved at all, so there is no worry about copyright under the current interpretation of the law when it comes to the internet. You can get off your high horse now, he's ugly.

whoa whoa whoa... move to Canada. Are you insulting my awesome country.
I sure hope not, ill send friggin moose after you, BELIEVE YOU ME WE HAVE MOOSE!

bealzz said:
whoa whoa whoa... move to Canada. Are you insulting my awesome country.
I sure hope not, ill send friggin moose after you, BELIEVE YOU ME WE HAVE MOOSE!

LOL.

Naw, I love Canada, with the exception of a few places... I'm just hoping he gets lost! :p

K2Rage101 said:
Nothing commercial? That's funny...I could have sworn that you offered the winner ten dollars.
Way to be a jackass and correct someone's grammar as a comeback. However, Mr. Genius, "that" should NOT be inserted there. The original sentence structure was correct.

It's not "I could have sworn THAT"; it's "I could have sworn". Just as you should never, ever say "the fact THAT". Next time you correct someone's English, try not to look like a complete dolt doing it.

Clownboat said:
Way to be a jackass and correct someone's grammar as a comeback. However, Mr. Genius, "that" should NOT be inserted there. The original sentence structure was correct.

It's not "I could have sworn THAT"; it's "I could have sworn". Just as you should never, ever say "the fact THAT". Next time you correct someone's English, try not to look like a complete dolt doing it.

You just made my day :D

Glacier said:
heres my attempt

ARIM.jpg

Is going to be the winner, it looks like, unless there is a major dissention from one last guy in the field. I'm waiting on the actual "votes", but the general consensus is here. None of our people in the field have had time to deal with email, it's been WAY too hectic right now (yay field missions! :D)

Anyway, Glacier, pm paypal, and I'll get the money rolling.

The rest of you, DAMN DAMN DAMN FINE WORK! You all are AMAZING! We had a REALLY hard time choosing, and our choice may change (with a corresponding payment) as we go :)

www.lopoetve.com prototype site is up. It's only partially working, so :p

Thank you all again!!!!!

nice work, everyone!

btw....is it just me, or does that site look a lot like macromedia.com ?

bhw752k said:
nice work, everyone!

btw....is it just me, or does that site look a lot like macromedia.com ?

It's a Dreamweaver template based on the Macromedia site I believe.

congrats Glacier,

Lopoetve: yuo might want to center that logo on your homepage so that it looks good whenpeeps are using large screen resolutions - just a thought , oh and which one in the picture is you ?

Back