Become a Patron!

Photobucket requires $400 to host images now

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by doyll, Jul 8, 2017.

1. doyll

doyll Gawd

Sense almost all of my posting is in this forum I wanted to let everyone know that any of the images I posted here using Photobucket will now show up looking like this.

[​IMG]

I have two choices;
    Pay them $400 to get the images back on forum (not going to happen!)
    Get a new image host, upload everything all over again to new host and re-post all the images. :(
    What Photobucket is doing is nothing but extortion / ransom!

Please let me know if you find any and I will change the as I get the time.
    Thanks.

Vercinaigh likes this.
  2. 4330thgink

4330thgink Gawd

Not quite ransom or extortion.. You can still download all of your photos to your computer.

At a Pennsylvania related gun website that I admin at - that is what the vast majority of us have done.

3. mnewxcv

mnewxcv [H]ardness Supreme

It's fraud! And vandalism!

4. doyll

doyll Gawd

LOL
    I agree with you both! :D

I have heard (but not verified) that some users have not been able to download their images from photobucket.

Any way you look at it Photobucket went about the changes that are causing all these problem in a way that is not very ethical.

Vercinaigh likes this.
  5. Snoflo

Snoflo Limp Gawd

Well I have local copies of my stuff on there but the broken links to countless forums I have been on spanning yeaaarrrrrsssss. Wow. I don't think there is any way to fix that except by going back to post new links for every single post where I had pictures!! Unfortunately, I have a life.

6. doyll

doyll Gawd

Yeah, I hear you. Luckly most places I post host images on their sites. That saved me, so I probably don't have too many dead images. Problem is I don't keep any kind of record as to where and what I posted using Photo#ucket image hosting.

7. Nebulous

Nebulous Gawd

If I need to host pics I'll use my isp provided. I haven't needed to host pics in a long time anyways and if it's a shot or 2 then I just upload them here. It's not like I'm going to be hosting a whole library like some ppl do here, lol.

8. Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard [H]ard|Gawd

I downloaded all my pics from PB and canceled my account, yesterday. Screw'em!!! :mad:

9. ssj925

ssj925 n00bie

Use imgur to host some pics. I've been using that and no issues so far. No idea when the last time I used photobucket lol

10. Vengance_01

Vengance_01 [H]ardness Supreme

I have been using dropbox to hotlink images for years now.

11. doyll

doyll Gawd

Well, I'm gun-shy .. make that hotlink / host site shy now. Many of us used Photo-bucket for years and years too .. until they hit us with $400 fee with no warning. :cool: