Photo of a Fermi Card

The Quadro series weren't tesla, iirc.

They were just meant for CAD applications (though I only have FireVL cards, so I'm not sure :p).

Tesla, I remember, were outputless cards.

I think this is the real deal. It's just, you know, one of those pre-production cards that's slower and not finalized. Not to defend Nvidia here, but I'm sure they have a working prototype in their labs.

i think its a working card. matches the fermi pcb layout

facebook pic
GTC pic
SC2009 pic

2gt1abk.jpg

1zx37vb.jpg

Grats to nvidia for creating a better fake than last time etc.

Set sail for fail is all I have to say.

Notice the DX 11 tessellation on the dragon's spines
- Fermi will be out soon enough; we are seeing early silicon and perhaps an engineering sample - the card itself does not have to be in final form since we don't get GF-100 till Q1

At GTC, the first question i asked the nvidia officials was, 'WHAT did Jensen show us at the press conference"
.. unhesitating, he answered, ' it's a production mock-up"

they were not trying to hide anything but they sure mishandled the presentation to leave the impression it was a working sample :p

Fermi will be no fail; it will succeed in dropping prices on AMD's 5000 series. Choice is good.

Last edited:
unhesitating, he answered, ' it's a production mock-up"

Ahh, as soon as I heard people mentioning 'wood screws' that was the first thing I thought of. Not uncommon for any manufacturer to create mock-ups of their new products, from tiny gears to whole cars. Unfortunately, the internet fud society has taken over now.

The Quadro series weren't tesla, iirc.

They were just meant for CAD applications (though I only have FireVL cards, so I'm not sure :p).

Tesla, I remember, were outputless cards.

A) its FireGL or FirePro or FireMV, pick one

B) Quadro uses the same chips as GeForce and Tesla, simply somewhat modified boards depending on product line (memory capacity, NVIO options, cooling solution, etc)

C) Tesla is not a "were", and the Fermi based Tesla cards are likely to have a single DVI or similar output (just as FireStream does)

honestly I think its somewhat sad how frothy everyone is getting about this, its an unreleased part which should be coming what? Q1 2010? who cares, its going to be released, and big deal if we're looking at pre-release engineering samples or production mock-ups, big deal

furthermore, the level of empiricism in this thread is mind boggling

A) its FireGL or FirePro or FireMV, pick one

B) Quadro uses the same chips as GeForce and Tesla, simply somewhat modified boards depending on product line (memory capacity, NVIO options, cooling solution, etc)

C) Tesla is not a "were", and the Fermi based Tesla cards are likely to have a single DVI or similar output (just as FireStream does)

honestly I think its somewhat sad how frothy everyone is getting about this, its an unreleased part which should be coming what? Q1 2010? who cares, its going to be released, and big deal if we're looking at pre-release engineering samples or production mock-ups, big deal

furthermore, the level of empiricism in this thread is mind boggling

+1 :D

Ahh, as soon as I heard people mentioning 'wood screws' that was the first thing I thought of. Not uncommon for any manufacturer to create mock-ups of their new products, from tiny gears to whole cars. Unfortunately, the internet fud society has taken over now.

x2

The amount of BS on, what is supposed to be, a technology minded enthusiest site like [H] is unreal. We get it, you don't like nvidia... nobody cares :rolleyes:

that thing looks HUGE, is it bigger than a gtx295?

looks roughly the same to me, but it's not always easy to tell from pictures

Whether it is or isn't real makes no difference, the fact that is the best they could do is rather sad.

Whether it is or isn't real makes no difference, the fact that is the best they could do is rather sad.

for an engineer to leak a picture of a GPU running a benchmark?

that's far from the saddest thing about this thread :rolleyes:

A few comments:

1) I see fanboys oozing out from under rocks from both camps. Fanboys are such good comedy relief. :) People, it's a piece of electronics. You can't drink it or make love to it, it's just an object. To attach one's ego and self worth to such a thing is silly. No-one died if someone picks on your favorite brand of video card, CPU, computer case, etc.

2) My gut feeling is after the wood screw fiasco, this PROBABLY isn't a fake photo, they wouldn't be stupid enough to pull the same stunt twice. At least I hope they wouldn't be stupid enough. Having said that, I won't completly discount the possibility either.

3) Myself? I do have 5870's right now. It was when I was wanting to buy the best out there. Next time I want to buy, if IMO Nvidia has the best product, that's what I'll get instead. See, no fanboyism. :) Keeps my options a lot more open then acting like I'm married to a specific brand.

I second the ^above statement, nvidia, ati, ati, nvidia, I get what is fast. but I will say one thing for sure, if you buy a gtx 285 over an hd 5850(if you can find it in stock) than you deserve to be sent to another planet. and same the other way around if gtx 285 was 279 and hd 5850 was 350 and the performance numbers were switched.

People, it's a piece of electronics. You can't.. make love to it, it's just an object.

Says you.....:p

Seriously though, I think this is roughly 75% conspiracy theory, and 25% Nvidia not going about this very well. As an admitted ATi fanboy, I enjoy the competition between the two behemoths, but at the same time I also enjoy the levels of BS that it pulls out of both of them. Eitherway, time will tell.

Can somebody point out something major in that picture that proves that it's not fake? I know Nvidia fans will stay positive, but how can you when it's obvious the PC on the top shelf is running the benchmark with no cover on the GPU.

That's a fairly loose assumption. I have a few PC's in my basement piled up and running like that, doesn't mean anything really.

Says you.....:p

Seriously though, I think this is roughly 75% conspiracy theory, and 25% Nvidia not going about this very well. As an admitted ATi fanboy, I enjoy the competition between the two behemoths, but at the same time I also enjoy the levels of BS that it pulls out of both of them. Eitherway, time will tell.

Okay, I WOULDN'T make love to it. I suppose someone, somewhere has made love to a video card. :p & :X

And yeah, like I said it's probably a real photo, but I won't discount the chance that it's a fake either. I do think Nvidia needs to "put up or shut up" though and post some actual benchmarks. Mind you, there will always be someone who will say "Oh..the benchmarks are fake!".

Anyway, a year or two down the road, we might find NVidia back on top so to speak, and ATI showing off a fake card made from red Lego bricks and duct tape. Or maybe not, but my point is again, fanboys are good comedy relief. :)

Or to put it another way, they are both fairly large corporations. Do you think THEY care all that much past if you buy their product? :p

Can somebody point out something major in that picture that proves that it's not fake? I know Nvidia fans will stay positive, but how can you when it's obvious the PC on the top shelf is running the benchmark with no cover on the GPU.

can you point out something major that proves it isn't running the bench?

everything else has been shown it is simply the OP's desire to grasp at straws it is a fake like claiming you can see through the card...

You still didn't point anything out. That photo can go either way. Answering a question with a question means you're not sure yourself.

I hear people are more stupid than they look!!! :)
Get my drift, nobody can prove a thing so nobody should try.

I hear people are more stupid than they look!!! :)
Get my drift, nobody can prove a thing so nobody should try.

Okay, some might be trying to prove something. No idea if they are, but it's possible some are just trying to troll for replies on "both" sides too.

But sometimes it's fun to speculate also. As long as no-one presents said speculation as proof, why not?

Me, my gut feeling is that it isn't a fake. But I can also play a sort of devil's advocate with myself and see things that COULD show it's a fake. Yes, I know nothing is definite. But why not have fun looking at the photo to see if it's real or not?

Or to put it another way, if Nvidia hadn't shown up with a card bolted together with wood screws, people would be taking that photo at face value. Since they did, people will speculate. Why not have fun with it?

Then again, as I keep on saying I'm not exactly a fanboy, the only reason I feel it isn't a fake is I can't believe that Nvidia would pull the same stunt twice. BUT...since there was a fake with the "GTX300 Home Depot Woodscrew Edition" to coin a name for it, I won't dismiss that it's a fake completly, again as stated before.

Anyway, done with that for the most part. I guess I still find it very funny how people will defend a video card brand like it's their puppy/friend/girlfriend/real doll/etc.

Eh no idea if its real or not.

But if they just showed the Score on the benchmark afterwards, then they basically got all the ATI Fanboi's to STFU.

But...i dunno hard to tell if its real

Since it's not a final chip, I'd say they wouldn't want to show the score.
It would be lower than the final chip would give and be more fuel for those looking for a reason to bash them.

remember the ps3 slim photos that surfaced way before the ps3 slim was announced...those turned out true. Why not this? I have an investigator's hunch...that fergie is alive and rendering.

Care to post an argument?
This thread badly needs it...arguments...instead of fallacies and ignorance.

No need for an Argument since #1. No real benchmarks #2. People need to have patience #3. Not hard to show a video of it working on real hardware shrug.

Me personally im waiting to see how Fermi does :), but in the meantime, we need Proof....not some pic that "could" of been Photoshopped

No need for an Argument since #1. No real benchmarks #2. People need to have patience #3. Not hard to show a video of it working on real hardware shrug.

So you just felt like some Ad hominem? :rolleyes:
How "intelligent".

Me personally im waiting to see how Fermi does :), but in the meantime, we need Proof....not some pic that "could" of been Photoshopped

.oO(Ignorance is strong with this one...)

Wow.
I can't believe what I'm seeing in this thread.

It's the dawning of a new generation. I think I'm going to find an isolated cabin up in the hills somewhere and make sure the phone and internet remains disconnected <3

Back