Photo editing CPU. Intel still on top? 9900K vs 3900X

Despotes

Gawd
I've read reviews showing the 9900K still on top with Adobe photoshop over 3900X, but does that hold true with Paintshop Pro? I can't find any reviews that include PSP. I also use Topaz Denoise.
I have the itch to upgrade my 7700K to either the AMD 3700X/3900X or the 9900K. I game some at 1440p, but the results appear negligible between Intel and AMD at that res.
Wait a few more months?

I can check tonight if Denoise AI is regarding thread usage. I only use Photoshop and Premiere where the 9900k is still the best option (iGPU for premiere) but not sure about Paintshop, sorry.

I can check tonight if Denoise AI is regarding thread usage. I only use Photoshop and Premiere where the 9900k is still the best option (iGPU for premiere) but not sure about Paintshop, sorry.

That would be great. Thanks

That would be great. Thanks
Well, with an A7R3 file, if you leave the GPU option checked I never saw more than 32% (quick peak and mostly under 20%) usage. The GPU is the one at 100% and its pretty quick with my 1080ti. If I change to CPU then it does use 100% of my CPU/threads but is slower than my GPU so no point for me on doing that. :)

Back